DNSMasq listing false IP for static lease client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Knowltey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:57    Post subject: DNSMasq listing false IP for static lease client Reply with quote
My NAS has a PCI card Gigabit NIC in it. In my DD-WRT panel I have a static lease set for this NIC to be given 10.45.88.10.

For some reason though, DNSMasq well start off by listing in LAN Status NAS as 10.45.88.10, then after a few moments it will change that row to be * for the host name, and add another line saying that NAS is assigned to 10.45.88.118 but it doesn't actually have NAS using that.

This is causing a problem, because when any other client tries to access the network share on there via \\NAS the router returns 10.45.88.118 when it's actually at 10.45.88.10

This only seems to be occurring with DNSMasq, not on uDHCPd, but I would like to have a seperated guest wlan and the multiple DHCP server feature doesn't seem to work properly with uDHCPd.

Any ideas what would cause this? been trying to scour around to no avail.

Running Build 14929 on a WRT54GL
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: