OTRW2 (incl. Mypage)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished installing on 19342 WRT610N

Seems like all packages are installed.
No errors during install and no time outs.

Will report back when I have done more tests on the scripts.

wrt610.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.23 KB
 Viewed:  10853 Time(s)

wrt610.png

Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most excellent, i am about to re-try on my wl520gu and see how it fairs with the install. One thing i did switch up different than last time is that i am using the 'elegant' webgui theme instead of the 'xirian' one that i always use, not that it should matter, but...

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got to here for me.

2012-07-05 18:25:00 (181 KB/s) - `/opt/ipkg-QElDVH/perl_5.8.8-24_mipsel.ipk' saved [10126871/10126871]

Then hung up for a good while, then my terminal closed.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
@basmaf..

I am near Chicago.. Storms rolled through & I was without utility power since Sunday about noon, till just a few hours ago (I have a generator). But, my internet was out till about 1/2 hour ago. My neighbor has a diff provider so I set up a spare router as a client and pegged off his internet (with his permission) to get by.

Anyway.. My main router was not running so bwmon data didn't get rolled over & zero'd out at the 1st of the month. I can change the cron code to allow it to happen but I prefer not to mess with the script.

What needs to happen to roll over the history, and zero out the new months bwmon data?

I have looked at the script, But I am just a bit confused with the paths. Normally I would just "have at it", but I don't wanna mess this up till I see it do it on its own at least once.

Because of the utility problems.. I didn't get a chance to look at & tweak the backup script.

Gracias.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
@basmaf..

I am near Chicago.. Storms rolled through & I was without utility power since Sunday about noon, till just a few hours ago (I have a generator). But, my internet was out till about 1/2 hour ago. My neighbor has a diff provider so I set up a spare router as a client and pegged off his internet (with his permission) to get by.

Anyway.. My main router was not running so bwmon data didn't get rolled over & zero'd out at the 1st of the month. I can change the cron code to allow it to happen but I prefer not to mess with the script.

What needs to happen to roll over the history, and zero out the new months bwmon data?

I have looked at the script, But I am just a bit confused with the paths. Normally I would just "have at it", but I don't wanna mess this up till I see it do it on its own at least once.

Because of the utility problems.. I didn't get a chance to look at & tweak the backup script.

Gracias.

If you need to zero out the Bwmon usage data and reset counter back to 0, run following commands and reboot the router.

Code:
rm /tmp/www/usage.db
rm /tmp/usage.db

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
jumran wrote:
barryware wrote:
@basmaf..

Gracias.

If you need to zero out the Bwmon usage data and reset counter back to 0, run following commands and reboot the router.

Code:
rm /tmp/www/usage.db
rm /tmp/usage.db

Thanks... Will that delete the history? Actually, the history is on the external storage.. right?? So the /opt/www/bwmon/usage.db stays intact..

Sorry for the noob question. This is a bit diff than the original bwmon.. At least when I set it up, my paths were diff..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi BW,

To reset the monthly data run
Code:
service mypage reset_month

This will create /opt/www/bwmon/history/total_usage.db

To clear all data
Code:
rm /opt/www/bwmon/usage.db
rm /opt/www/bwmon/history/total_usage.db
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Updated optware_backup is available.
I prevented some error messages and backup will be created in /tmp if no user folder is defined.

For those which never used it.

It creates a backup of:
    All service scripts with user defined settings.
    Executable state of all scripts in /opt/etc/init.d/ (Which can be restored via the script)
    Mypage,Pixelser,Pound,Samba,spamfiles,conf files
    lighttpd,asterisk,named
For info on how to use create and restore functions
Code:
more /opt/usr/sbin/optware_backup
To update:
Code:
wget -O /opt/usr/sbin/optware_backup http://otrw.basmaf.com/optware_backup
rearden
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 13:27    Post subject: Need to refresh asiablock rules Reply with quote
I was fiddling with dnscrypt-proxy and OTRWtake2 and managed to mess up DNS while the asiablock setup script was running, so it didn't pull down any rules. Embarassed I have tried turning on and off and stopping and starting the script, but have not been able to prod it to go out and refresh the rules. Does anyone have any advice on how to prod the asiablock service to run through the setup again?

rearden
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
To recreate asiablock files do
Code:
service asiablock stop
service asiablock off
cd /opt/ect/
rm iptables.asia*
service asiablock on
service asiablock start
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have an Asus RT-N16 running 19342 Big with an EXT3 formatted hard drive mounted under /MNT that I am using for data. It;s set to automount and works great.

I want to try out OTRW and came to this post since it seems like the info is more up to date. I read the wiki but still couldn;t figure the best way to do it without screwing up what I have working, I thinking of mounting another separate USB Flash Drive via the 2nd USB port under /OPT. One thing I can;t seem to understand is that since I am using the GUI automount that mounts my hard drive upon reboot set to /MNT, the flash USB disk also gets mounted under there.

do i need to unmount it from the commandline and remount just the flash disk under /OPT?

Turn off automount and mount both drives manually after a restart? will that launch the OTRW scripts and install/run the services?

Leave automount on but change the mount point for all drives to /OPT? What implications would that have on my file sharing?

assuming everything is installed correctly, should the disk with the OTRW files is not mounted due to going bad, disconnected or removed will my router still boot up without the OTRW services or will it hang up due to an interdependency?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the newbie-ish questions.
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
OTRW installation requires an EMPTY partition mounted to /opt

You have a drive connected with some data on it so it can't be used.

I don't own a router with dual usb ports so can't comment on the mount behaviour when using multiple disks.
I suspect that if you prep a small usb tumb drive as described in the wiki but without the data and jffs partition.
The second larger hard drive will will be mounted by the automount script

When you never used otrw before i would just take a small usb tumb drive and give it a shot.
If you like, add the second hard drive and check what automount does with the second disk.

When a router boots without the usb drive attached it will act like it is now.
All scripts / data is installed on external device and not on your router.

Hope it makes sense
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think i got it installed correctly. Script ran without a hitch and ran the other 3 commands on Post 1 too. did require a reboot using the administration gui and clearing the cache for the mypage tab to show up. seems like reboot from the SSH shell did not let the flash drive mount to /OPT correctly. But seems to automount the flash disk at /OPT correctly from a cold reboot. Thanks again for all your effort.

however, not able to effectively get my USB hard disk working. tried a bunch of combinations with the 2 USB ports but the conclusion I have come to is that when you have a drive mounted at /OPT, seems like the 2nd USB port on my RT-N16 does not detect or automount. that may be by design, ommission or user error. So for now I have settled on keeping the OTRW flash drive in the lower port since for some reason it seems to automount that one first. I did have the data hard disk in the lower one and it just resulted in the hard disk being mounted under /OPT and flash disk was ignored.

so the question I have is that for those running OTRW with routers with 2 USBs and/or external storage, how are you able to mount your data drive. Or is this not how it is supposed to work?

Thanks again.

Edited to say: I think the drive is being detected by the router as SDB. here are the kernel messages. Do I need to issue a manual mount command? if so can anyone tell me the syntax.

/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0:<5>sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] 2930049024 512-byte
»» hardware sectors (1500185 MB)
sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off
sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Mode Sense: 28 00 00 00
sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] 2930049024 512-byte hardware sectors (1500185 MB)
sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off
sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Mode Sense: 28 00 00 00
sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
/dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0: p1

edited again to say-tried to issue mount command
mount -t ext3 /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt

and got an unknown file system type "ext3" back.

Last edited by madman999 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 13:16; edited 1 time in total
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
mount -t ext3 /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt

and got an unknown file system type "ext3" back.

Try it without the extension type.
mount /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
tried it without the -t ext3 and got the same result. it;s almost as if the ext3 module is not loaded but it seems like it is in memory.

don;t know if it makes a difference but my OTRW flash disk is formatted as EXT2.

Another odd behaviour, sometimes upon boot up the 1.5 TB Raid USB Array gets detected first and gets mounted under /OPT. Happens maybe 20% of the time(i;ve rebooted about 10 times)

thanks again

Edited to say-tried a 16 GB EXT2 formatted USB Flash Key and it seems to have automounted correctly to /MNT. Was able to reenable ProFtpd and write to it. so maybe there is an issue with the EXT3 support with regards to OTWR? Why would that be? Guess I will try an EXT3 formatted USB key next.

edited to say....stop me if this is in some wiki somwhere....EXT3 flash key had same error regarding file system, so for now EXT2 is all I can use. Seems to work-some things I discovered. the /OPT drive needs to be SDA and the second drive needs to be SDB but that can change depending on which one gets recognized first. not always consistent though-i;ve standardized on the lower port for the /OPT drive and the upper port for data. the 2nd key gets mounted to /tmp/c instead of /MNT-was able to configure Samba in the gui to use that. However, had to issue a manual mount command to creat a link to /MNT so I could get ProFTPd running-only choices were /mnt /mmc and /jffs. after the mount command, it worked.

last but not least-should i/can I now update my Samba in OTRW to 3.5? I noticed that the version is 2. might that fix my EXT3 problem?

Edited to say: Got Samba 3.5 installed. nothing new to report.

overall, this worked out well. wondering if this OTRW could be installed as an image to a disk.rather than being installed through the OS. would make backup and recovery easier.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 62, 63, 64  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 64
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: