Problem with v.24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Aro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 18:50    Post subject: Problem with v.24 Reply with quote
To Bs
I have some trouble with DD-WRT v.24
I have 2 laptop centrino based (ipw2200 b/g) and many other Wireless
PCMCIA and Wrt54G v.3.1 with firmware v.24 of 03/07/2006. My problem is that the ipw2200 cannot connect on the AP & Virtual AP of Wrt54G but other wireless card can connect.
So I send this mail to notify you. Can you solve this problem?
Thanks
PS: When I use windows XP SP2 with last original driver ipw2200 cannot
connect but when I use linux with native driver, it works fine!
I try other driver version in windows but the problem still not solved!
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
no i cannot solve it. it is a know problem that the intel wireless driver is mmh "crap". another issue is that the broadcom driver inside the WRT can only provide one bssid for all ssid's and this is not resolveable since its a driver limitation. so you cant use multiple ssid's with the current ipw centrino driver. watch out for a better driver is my only suggestion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer,

Have you run v24 on any of your Buffalo's yet? I am having a hard time keeping the wireless up. I found that I have to click save at least twice before it actually applies it all. Also, the status page does not update the SSID from the default (dd-wrt). It does however update the xmit power when I set that to 100. It also did not display that I was connected wirelessly when I was connected to the virtual SSID (main SSID broadcast was off, virtual was on). I do not know if it displayed the connected when connected to the main SSID. It was right after I went to the status page that I lost connection and could not see either SSID no matter what I tried. I switched which was broadcasting and even ran netstumbler. Nothing.

This is with the 7/4 release.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
so you tell me that there are still cosmetic issues. my answer is "sure"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
but for your wireless issues. i dont know. it could be the same issue as above. the same bssid for multiple ssid's. not every client likes this

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I understand it's still very beta and all that.

I'll just keep trying. Smile
Striker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, and the wireless card I'm using is just some old-ish Apacer jump drive with a built in 802.11b radio. That's probably most of the problem right there.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
some issues cannot be fixed since the broadcom driver isnt the best too

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Moving this to the proper forum...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: