Linksys/Cisco E2500 DD-WRT WORKING -Test Build Page 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
plguzman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had to rollback to linksys OEM from 19363 Mega (E2500) because the router started to refuse to connect to internet. I even did a 30-30-30 but didn't help. Maybe I will try the openvpn version to see if it works better, or maybe reflash mega...

The other thing is that I had speed spikes (from 100% to 0% then back to 100% etc)...

I love dd-wrt, but I guess I will have to wait for another build
Sponsor
zopostyle
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
plguzman wrote:
Had to rollback to linksys OEM from 19363 Mega (E2500) because the router started to refuse to connect to internet. I even did a 30-30-30 but didn't help. Maybe I will try the openvpn version to see if it works better, or maybe reflash mega...

The other thing is that I had speed spikes (from 100% to 0% then back to 100% etc)...

I love dd-wrt, but I guess I will have to wait for another build

I'm running 19363 since it was released, and no problems here...
Just wireless has download speed at 3,52Mbps.
stayupthethetree
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal, any luck with the 5ghz?
svan71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:39    Post subject: Is my e2500 F.U.B.A.R ? Reply with quote
followed the wiki and got ddwrt running, I dont know how I did it but i then flashed mega - build 18024. My router shows up as a WRT54G/GL/GS. I can log on i can ping it I can telnet and connect over wireless but no lan ports work. All attempts to reflash via gui fail. Am I screwed??? I was trying to flash tftp no go..
bonline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a wiki instructions on how to specifically flash ddwrt from stock firmware? Also instructions on how to flash from 18625 to 19342?

Thanks.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
bonline wrote:
Is there a wiki instructions on how to specifically flash ddwrt from stock firmware? Also instructions on how to flash from 18625 to 19342?

Thanks.

Did you bother searching the wiki to see?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
bonline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
bonline wrote:

Thanks.

Apparently I did otherwise I wouldn't have asked. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys Don't see E2500 in that list Guru. Rather than being rude, why not just help, we are not all experts like you.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
bonline wrote:
buddee wrote:
bonline wrote:

Thanks.

Apparently I did otherwise I wouldn't have asked. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys Don't see E2500 in that list Guru. Rather than being rude, why not just help, we are not all experts like you.

Apparently you did not..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

And instead of taking a question offensively, you should put that offensive/negative energy into actually searching and not making condensing comments on a title in someone's profile.

What i asked was not rude, it was a question, you took it 'rude' - and since this is a free forum which no one is getting paid to help you with, you should be grateful that anyone even replied at all. Also for the record, i did help, i'm the one that made the wiki for a unit that i don't even have, so once again, think before lashing out...

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
bonline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
bonline wrote:
buddee wrote:
bonline wrote:

Thanks.

Apparently you did not..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

And instead of taking a question offensively, you should put that offensive/negative energy into actually searching and not making condensing comments on a title in someone's profile.

What i asked was not rude, it was a question, you took it 'rude' - and since this is a free forum which no one is getting paid to help you with, you should be grateful that anyone even replied at all. Also for the record, i did help, i'm the one that made the wiki for a unit that i don't even have, so once again, think before lashing out...

First thank you for the link and the wiki. As is usually the case with technology that is typed, how one reads a response affects how one reacts. Having said that this site is quite confusing with the various wikis etc. Clearly, the wiki list I looked at is different from the wiki list you were able to point me towards. Again it goes back to the ability of the person seeking information to search this site and in my opinion it it not that easy to navigate. I know its free and no one is perhaps going to take the time to organize the site so it can be a little less cluttered. Once again thank you for your help!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
To a degree, i can get what you are saying, but in the wiki start page there is a search entry, had you typed linksys E2500, it would have pointed you to that page, so its not that you didn't search, but i know for sure you didn't type linksys E2500 in the search box on the wiki start page - thus why i asked if you had bothered to search, and don't take it like i'm being a smart ass or anything, cause i'm not, just sayin... make your search criteria a little more specific, and the way will pointed for you. Smile

plguzman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did somebody tested the new version (19453)?
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
plguzman wrote:
Did somebody tested the new version (19453)?

I am currently testing it without any problems so far, and the new drop bear seems to have fixed ssh along with other minor bug fix's.

-Fractal
core2kid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:55    Post subject: 5GHz Yet? Reply with quote
Any 5GHz support yet?

Also the only reason I flashed DD-WRT is to set up a PPTP VPN passthrough (PPTP Server). Can I do this on the stock Linksys firmware?
svan71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 19:33    Post subject: Can you recommend somone.. Reply with quote
Is there anybody who repairs modems suffering from a bad flash?
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 20:02    Post subject: Re: Can you recommend somone.. Reply with quote
svan71 wrote:
Is there anybody who repairs modems suffering from a bad flash?

do you check your last thread? I believe the solution I offered will work as long as you were accurate in the fact that you can access the gui of the router via wireless.

Navigation

Jump to: