two questions about "factory defaults", who knows?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tournet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 13:15    Post subject: two questions about "factory defaults", who knows? Reply with quote
1.My router is WZR-G54, the firmware is v23SP1, restor "factory defaults" in DD-WRT's WEB-GUI, but most of my setting still keeps, I can find no change, is this normal?

2. After flash DD-WRT V23SP1, the default theme is "cyan", I tryed restore to "factory default" few times, the theme Still is "cyan".
NOw, I upgraded v23sp1 to v23_20060615 multilanguage version, and I tryed once set the theme to "BrainSlayer", and now even I set the theme to "cyan" before, when I restore to "factory defaults", the theme change to "BrainSlayer" again, why? is this normal? or sth wrong?

3. even hold the reset button while plug the power in, and hold for 40 seconds or more, doesn't work. can't "reset" to factory defaults.

Now, I believe, the WZR-G54 did not accept "restore to factory defaults" command, and even run "mtd erase nvram" can't too. I saw two WZR users report like me.

Last edited by tournet on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:05; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
RizSher
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
The preferred way to reset to defaults is to telnet, and issue "mtd erase nvram" followed by reboot.
tournet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
In old forum, DummyPLUG says:

the WZR don't accept nvram erase, you need to find a script and let it delete those string one by one. But if you really delete all those setting, you may brick the WZR just like me (and force a replacement), it will be more safe to set those string one by on manually, as Eko say, you may need to change these if your status page didn't show as a WZR, instead show as a Linksys:
boardnum="42"
boardtype="0x042f"
product_name="Product_name"

YES! Now I believe. But who can tell me the way to safety clear the WZR's nvram?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
check this out:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Buffalo/WZR-RS-G54

and check the open wrt forum, I get the script from there, anyway, use it as your own risk.....

by the way, I am using sp1 final, and didn't try restore to factory setting, so dunno if it is working on me.

good luck!
tournet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tryed a "nvram clean.sh" download from openwrt, and run just as the instruction as openwrt says, after run, most of the nvram settings are removed, but when I reboot, all the settings removed is back!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
tournet wrote:
I tryed a "nvram clean.sh" download from openwrt, and run just as the instruction as openwrt says, after run, most of the nvram settings are removed, but when I reboot, all the settings removed is back!

I had a more strange experience, some how my old MAC address on the WOL page keeps comming back if I try to reset the setting, which I had removed that few weeks ago!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: