Buffalo wzr-hp-g300nh best stable ddwrt version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
kiesa2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 14:42    Post subject: Buffalo wzr-hp-g300nh best stable ddwrt version Reply with quote
Hello all what ddwrt version now best and stable for this router wzr-hp-g300nh?I use this router in client mode.A month ago i try brainslayer ddwrt r18777.But works very bad in client mode.I have many ping request time out.And i back to ddwrt 14896 build.But on this build is many errors.So now this day what best build use in client mode?
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
try the upcomming betas
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now i try DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std - build 15962.And now i see ping better without request time out.In ddwrt old builds without Ath9k drivers.Maybe ddwrt atheros Ath9k drivers works good i ap mode.But in client mode work very bad with virtual wifi interface.
rkaede
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
SVN revision 18777. currently running this build.

1st time flashed from generic firmware. so far so good.

there is some occasionally 3 digit ping response to the router LAN (192.168.1.1) but reapply the settings. seems like restarting some process ( not sure which one)

ping response back to 1 digit.

strange but i can live with it

Very Happy[/code]
kansaiuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using r18777 too. for me, this is the best firmware so far for this router. I think you just have to enable and use swap. Using the latest friendly or dd-wrt based Buffalo firmware, my router would restart about once a day. Or sometimes it would drop my connection specially when copying files and/or QoS is turned on. When I used r18777, dropping the connection or restarting would sometimes happen too. But after enabling and using swap, I didn't encounter those anymore. You may want to try that too. I was just saying this in another thread. Of course your mileage may vary. But for me, that solved it. Never had a problem again related to restarting or dropping connection. (I still have an issue about openvpn but that is entirely another matter and could be related to my configuration).
kiesa2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
With this build buffalo get wifi n speed about 130mbps from first router in printscreen.With latest build ddwrt brainslayer r18777 buffalo gets only wifi g speed 54mbps on ath0 interface.And in this latest build r18777 with ath0.1 interface my laptop gets internet dns ping request time outs.With build in picture ath0.1 ping is very stable.Maybe one request time out.But laptop not lost internet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: