Problems with Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH [Updated]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
bashobuddha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there,
so this router is still giving me trouble. After reading some threads on here, I changed to channel 11 and went to NG mixed with just AES encryption. The unit seems to "implode" every few hours requiring me to remove the power source and then reboot it. Is there anything else I can provide here that might better allow someone on the forum to analyze the potential problem?
Sponsor
uberT
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've reverted to an early firmware and still experiencing the same issue, though it doesn't seem to be quite as often with 18777. I may roll back to an even earlier version...the problem was pretty bad last night while watching Netflix. I was forced to re-boot the router while we were streaming a show.
Linksys E4200 (stock FW)
kansaiuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:11    Post subject: r18777 with swapon solved this for me Reply with quote
basho, I have the same router as you. stock firmware regardless of friendly or dd-wrt would either drop my connection every now and then or the router will restart. I changed to r18777 and it is still happening specially if I'm copying files from external hdd connected to the router or downloading files.

To fix this, I installed optware and swapon and configure the router to use swap. that fixed it for me. It's been running for a month now without any issue. It regularly runs transmission (24/7), openvpn(though not properly configured yet), miniDLNA, python and even QoS without a hitch. you might want to try that too.

when preparing the swap file (dd if=/dev/zero of=xxxxxxx), don't use the router. plug the external hdd in a linux box and prepare the swap file there. when I tried doing it on my router, the router would restart or hang so do it using a linux box.

This might be a long shot but this is how I fixed mine. this router is superb once you get it to work properly.
bashobuddha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 14:21    Post subject: Re: r18777 with swapon solved this for me Reply with quote
Sounds like an awesome suggestion! I will check it out. One question though - as I don't have a linux box handy at the moment, do you think a mac might suffice? Unfortunately, all i have around the house is a mac and a pc Sad
kansaiuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can download virtualbox and run live cd linux from there. swapon shouldn't be that hard to install nor preparing a swap file. getting optware is a little challenging but not really that hard.

hope this helps. let us know how it goes.

EDIT: to answer your question, I don't know if a mac will do. I don't have one (too expensive from where I live) so just go with virtualbox + live cd combo. or you can even skip virtualbox and just go straight to live cd. that should do the trick even faster.
uberT
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed to build 19342 a couple days ago and have noticed that I can now consistently connect at 300Mbps. I could never do this before. In fact, I never ran the chanel width at 40MHz as I thought it ran better on 20MHz. I am on a new computer running WIN7, before I was on XP, so I've introduced multiple variables and don't know specifically what's responsible for this change. I could connect at 300Mbps on the WINXP machine, but for never more than a couple seconds. It would always drop down to 130Mbps or less. The new computer on WIN7 runs real well with the wide channel width Smile
Linksys E4200 (stock FW)
habeIchVergessen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
as explained here client bridge + vap drops dhcp reply packages.

any ideas for next steps to get more detailed analysis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: