ARM926EJ-S proc with ar9287 any device using this? support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
rtoledo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 18:16    Post subject: ARM926EJ-S proc with ar9287 any device using this? support Reply with quote
Curious I searched for this proc and only found 3 hits and not sure if the wrt350n and Seagate Dockstar uses it? but it looked like it.

anyways this is what inside the latest Verizon Actiontec MI424wr REV I

seems they went to ARM based hardware, these routers are VERY hard to get much less test or try to load a image into it.

not asking for support just asking about any device with this processor

thank you

Last edited by rtoledo on Sun Apr 08, 2012 21:06; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
do
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
do
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

yes I'm asking those that have it to submit more information as I ( THINK ? )that it has the same items the REV C has except a much faster and newer processor.

Thank you Sash as soon as I have more info I will post it

this is all I have found so far

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I
BusyBox v1.01 (2005.09.07-07:38+0000) Built-in shell (lash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/ # cat /proc/kmsg
JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND) (C) 2001-2003 Red Hat, Inc.
Using Hamming 1-bit ECC for NAND device
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xad, Chip ID: 0xf1 (Hynix NAND 128MiB 3,3V 8-bit)
Creating 2 MTD partitions on "nand_mtd":
0x00200000-0x02200000 : "JFFS2"
0x00000000-0x00200000 : "u-boot"

Also of interest is that there is a HYNIX H27U1G8F2BTR-BC 128MB NAND Flash on board of the Rev I. I'm not exactly sure how this ram is partitioned

Forgot this bit of info as well...

wifi0: Atheros 9287: mem=0xf3000000, irq=25 hw_base=0xc8860000

birdy

@verizon.net

this is the link http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,26827960#26828084

the FCC ID site shows nothing as it's all marked confidential 11 Matches found for FCC ID 'LNQMI424WRI'

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Sum&calledFromFrame=N&RequestTimeout=500&application_id=986996&fcc_id=%27LNQMI424WRI%27

oh and here is a brand new WIKI for it , needs lots on info too

http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Actiontec_MI424WR_rev_I

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
dmesg?

serial console connection, boot log?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
dmesg?

I've asked the guy that posted the info in the Verizon forum for more info, will post it here as soon as he does

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
rtoledo wrote:
LOM wrote:
dmesg?

I've asked the guy that posted the info in the Verizon forum for more info, will post it here as soon as he does

here's some new stuff, and it looks like a JTAG pad next to the Hiyx 128 chip?

/ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARM926EJ-Sid(wt) rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 1196.03
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant : 0x2
CPU part : 0x131
CPU revision : 1
Cache type : write-back
Cache clean : cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown : format C
Cache format : Harvard
I size : 16384
I assoc : 4
I line length : 32
I sets : 128
D size : 16384
D assoc : 4
D line length : 32
D sets : 128

Hardware : Feroceon-KW2
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

/ # cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 123916 kB
MemFree: 35552 kB
Buffers: 0 kB
Cached: 18128 kB
SwapCached: 0 kB
Active: 12172 kB
Inactive: 10752 kB
HighTotal: 0 kB
HighFree: 0 kB
LowTotal: 123916 kB
LowFree: 35552 kB
SwapTotal: 0 kB
SwapFree: 0 kB
Dirty: 0 kB
Writeback: 0 kB
Mapped: 8944 kB
Slab: 62556 kB
CommitLimit: 61956 kB
Committed_AS: 5844 kB
PageTables: 88 kB
VmallocTotal: 647168 kB
VmallocUsed: 4508 kB
VmallocChunk: 641020 kB

Way too much information from the KMSG command, it actually stopped and disconnected the telnet session.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is very likely that the cpu is a Marvell Avanta, probably the 88F6510 which has become popular by Chinese mfgrs making EPON and GPON terminals/routers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I downloaded the GPL code from Actiontec today, the cpu is a Marvell 88F6560 with the impressive core frequency of 1.6GHz.

"The 88F6510: For PON Single Family Unit (SFU) products the 88F6510 features a triple
EPON/GPON/point-to-point active Ethernet mode, which makes them universal for any broadband
optical network, and which allows developers and service providers to leverage economies of scale.

The single-chip 88F6530: For Multiple Dwelling Unit (MDU) products, the 88F6530 is the optimal
solution to meet the latest requirements in video/audio-centric interactive environments in modern,
high-speed internet networks. This industry-first single-chip solution integrates 32 VoIP channels, a
powerful CPU processor, and unified PON technology, and offers seamless DNS and Ethernet
connectivity with a high level of integration, low power, and high performance.

The 88F6550 and 88F6560: Targeted for HGU (Home Gateway Unit) products, the 88F6550 and
88F6560 provide operators with a cost-effective way to deploy optical broadband that enhances the
user experience for video, interactivity, and cloud-centric applications. The Marvell 1.6GHz CPU core
enables operators to provide current and future revenue-generating applications and services, while
leveraging Marvell’s software eco-system around ARM, ARMADA, and the plug computer."

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 15:18    Post subject: I have an ActionTec MI424WRI Rev I Reply with quote
I tried using the instructions in the Wiki for Rev D, but it doesn't work. The jungo-image.py script reports the error: "Can't determine flash size!"

After booting the device a couple times, it changed it's own password from "password" to the Login Password string on the sticker on the bottom of the device. I'm not sure how that happened, considering it was not connected to the internet. I had been logging in the default password "password" then my login timed out from the admin interface, tried to log back in. No dice. I read in the wiki that Verizon sent out an email saying they would change the default password to the device serial number that didn't work. So I just tried the password on the bottom and it worked.

I can telnet into the device, but checking the logs in the router after trying to run the jungo-image.py script, it appears that it's failing to authenticate. I've trying passing the password as an argument to the script, directly editing the script and using the optional getpass() function to ask for a password. I also tried manually changing the password, just in case the script couldn't handle special characters. All of those options fail. But I can still telnet into the device just fine.

I realize that instructions for Rev D may not work for Rev I, but I'm reckless. So I tried : )

Device status is: Not Bricked, Running original firmware (version 40.19.22). Device reports no firmware upgrades available.

Link to VERIZON firmware (update url):
https://upgrade.actiontec.com/MI424WR-GEN3I/MI424WR-GEN3I.rmt

I'm not using this device. I have a Buffalo router for local gigabit stuff and a Ubiquity Power AP-N for wireless.

I'm definitely a DDWRT noob, so I'm not the right guy to do forensics and testing for this device. So, I'd be willing to ship this device to an interested party, so that they can test it and see if they can get DDWRT support for this device. I'd like it back when they are done, assuming it's not bricked : ) Alternatively, I'd also be willing to sell it out right or trade it for a decent or better device running/supporting DDWRT.

rtoledo, would you be interested? Or would some other DDWRT pro be interested?

If anyone would like more information on the device that not already listed in the wiki created by rtoledo (http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Actiontec_MI424WR_rev_I), let me know and I'll do my best. I may just need some instuctions.
rtoledo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 21:13    Post subject: Re: I have an ActionTec MI424WRI Rev I Reply with quote
okor wrote:
I tried using the instructions in the Wiki for Rev D, but it doesn't work. The jungo-image.py script reports the error: "Can't determine flash size!"

After booting the device a couple times, it changed it's own password from "password" to the Login Password string on the sticker on the bottom of the device. I'm not sure how that happened, considering it was not connected to the internet. I had been logging in the default password "password" then my login timed out from the admin interface, tried to log back in. No dice. I read in the wiki that Verizon sent out an email saying they would change the default password to the device serial number that didn't work. So I just tried the password on the bottom and it worked.

I can telnet into the device, but checking the logs in the router after trying to run the jungo-image.py script, it appears that it's failing to authenticate. I've trying passing the password as an argument to the script, directly editing the script and using the optional getpass() function to ask for a password. I also tried manually changing the password, just in case the script couldn't handle special characters. All of those options fail. But I can still telnet into the device just fine.

I realize that instructions for Rev D may not work for Rev I, but I'm reckless. So I tried : )

Device status is: Not Bricked, Running original firmware (version 40.19.22). Device reports no firmware upgrades available.

Link to VERIZON firmware (update url):
https://upgrade.actiontec.com/MI424WR-GEN3I/MI424WR-GEN3I.rmt

I'm not using this device. I have a Buffalo router for local gigabit stuff and a Ubiquity Power AP-N for wireless.

I'm definitely a DDWRT noob, so I'm not the right guy to do forensics and testing for this device. So, I'd be willing to ship this device to an interested party, so that they can test it and see if they can get DDWRT support for this device. I'd like it back when they are done, assuming it's not bricked : ) Alternatively, I'd also be willing to sell it out right or trade it for a decent or better device running/supporting DDWRT.

rtoledo, would you be interested? Or would some other DDWRT pro be interested?

If anyone would like more information on the device that not already listed in the wiki created by rtoledo (http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Actiontec_MI424WR_rev_I), let me know and I'll do my best. I may just need some instuctions.

not to be rude, BUT you did notice this thread is for the I model? there are quite a few threads in here that cover the A-D models and warns about the D model and some incompatability if I recall correctly, but you need to read the wiki VERY carefully and make sure you download the TFTP SERVER and have it running on your computer before you send that .py image over it will help you succeed. Embarassed

how do you like my response it just as wide as your post Wink man I hate these 50 kilometers wide post that some people do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by rtoledo on Sat May 19, 2012 16:15; edited 1 time in total
okor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:52    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote
Thanks rtoledo

I did read the post and the wiki carefully. The title of my post was "I have an ActionTec MI424WRI Rev I". Notice the "Rev I" portion of the title.

The wiki only has instructions for models listed up to Rev D, which is what I used to try to flash the device. I thought I would just try it since there wasn't any documentation in the Wiki for Rev I models. I had no issues setting up TFTP, but the script was erroring out on the backup portion of the wiki instructions.

My experience has been that if you ask for help, developers generally ask you to report your issue in a verbose manor. I don't believe my post was excessive. If you disagree, perhaps you should contact one of the forum admins and ask them to set a limit on a posts length.
rtoledo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 15:27    Post subject: Re: Ok Reply with quote
okor wrote:
Thanks rtoledo

I did read the post and the wiki carefully. The title of my post was "I have an ActionTec MI424WRI Rev I". Notice the "Rev I" portion of the title.

The wiki only has instructions for models listed up to Rev D, which is what I used to try to flash the device. I thought I would just try it since there wasn't any documentation in the Wiki for Rev I models. I had no issues setting up TFTP, but the script was erroring out on the backup portion of the wiki instructions.

My experience has been that if you ask for help, developers generally ask you to report your issue in a verbose manor. I don't believe my post was excessive. If you disagree, perhaps you should contact one of the forum admins and ask them to set a limit on a posts length.

ok the title says I , but you write about the D so i was not sure if you had flashed a D or a I. SORRY looks like I have my foot stuck in my mouth, it's time to take my meds the moster inside wants to brake free Wink

If you flashed the I you may be too premature and damaged it, because it uses a DIFFERENT CPU. that's the reason I started this thread because there is a DD version for 3 other devices that use the same NEW cpu the I uses and was wondering if it could be ported, because IF I read the other threads correctly they are mostly NAS or do not have the same wifi chipset.

Last edited by rtoledo on Sat May 19, 2012 16:17; edited 1 time in total
okor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 15:51    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote
Sorry for the confusion. The title is displayed in an obscure way. I'll try to be more clear in the future.

The device is currently unmodified, running the vendors software. The junbo-image.py script failed at the backup portion of installing redboot, so I didn't even have the chance to flash it.

I'm aware of the difference in hardware, I read the wiki page you created about the Rev I and anything else I could find relating to the device/DDWRT. Unfortunately, as you know, there's not much out there.

So, one of the reasons I was posting here was so that I may help to provide more information about the MI424WR Rev I device, if I can. You said it was hard to find one, so I thought that since I own one, I might be able to support DDWRT and it's community by providing information.

I started by verifying that the FCC hardware documentation was obscured for the Rev I model, like you said. And it is. Exactly what I expected.

I tried the instructions for Rev D, not expecting it to work. And it did not.

The next step would be to use a JTAG. I am a bit of a hacker, but I have no experience with routers. That's why I offered to sell the device to someone who could/would do the work to build support for DDWRT on the Rev I. I did also offer to mail my Rev I to someone for free, in the hopes that they could build support for DDWRT, and then mail it back.

If no one is interested, I won't bother you guys any more.
rtoledo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 15:59    Post subject: Re: Ok Reply with quote
okor wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. The title is displayed in an obscure way. I'll try to be more clear in the future.

The device is currently unmodified, running the vendors software. The junbo-image.py script failed at the backup portion of installing redboot, so I didn't even have the chance to flash it.

I'm aware of the difference in hardware, I read the wiki page you created about the Rev I and anything else I could find relating to the device/DDWRT. Unfortunately, as you know, there's not much out there.

So, one of the reasons I was posting here was so that I may help to provide more information about the MI424WR Rev I device, if I can. You said it was hard to find one, so I thought that since I own one, I might be able to support DDWRT and it's community by providing information.

I started by verifying that the FCC hardware documentation was obscured for the Rev I model, like you said. And it is. Exactly what I expected.

I tried the instructions for Rev D, not expecting it to work. And it did not.

The next step would be to use a JTAG. I am a bit of a hacker, but I have no experience with routers. That's why I offered to sell the device to someone who could/would do the work to build support for DDWRT on the Rev I. I did also offer to mail my Rev I to someone for free, in the hopes that they could build support for DDWRT, and then mail it back.

If no one is interested, I won't bother you guys any more.

Man my memory is not what it used to be, right now I'm reading about heavy subjects like DNA and Ancestry and my brain cells looked more burned than the picture of Brainslayer the ADMIN of this web site LOL.

I forgot already you had posted it failed, that is a GOOD thing, leave it alone and let's see if someone like Brainslayer or the guy from VERIZON that actually modified the code from Open-WRt for the original A-D models, you might want to post on OPEN-WRT also and see if they can port it for this new maserati of a router. this new router is so fast even my Honda VTX 1800 R2(my avatar) is nervous Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 16:03    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote
Thanks

I was also thinking of checking out support on some of the other open router firmware sites. I'll do that.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: