Linksys E3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
txsgunnut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:24    Post subject: Linksys E3000 Reply with quote
I flashed all versions available on the dbase for my E3000 and when i rud the command to check for available openVPN i get"sh: eval: line 1: openvpn: not found" on all versions. could you please help me cause im out of my realm of knowledge and have read till myeyes hurt and found no solution as of yet. Thanks all
Sponsor
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
In some builds openvpn is broken. I don't know precisely which builds have this bug, so you could search the forum about it.

Alternative solution: flash this build http://desipro.de/ddwrt/r18050/usb-ftp-samba3-vpn-nv60k-broadcom.bin

Empty browser cache before flashing.

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should never flash anything except the reccomended stable build listed above in the sticky if you expect everything to work.
txsgunnut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
wats6831 wrote:
You should never flash anything except the reccomended stable build listed above in the sticky if you expect everything to work.

I did flash only the builds that appeared in the database i will give the other above a try but before i do is there anything special i need to know about it before i dive head first into it
txsgunnut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK i have tried it all and still get the openvpn not found message. I have reverted back tostock firmware and restarted fron square 1 and still have no luck i may be doing something wrong. This is a completely newprocess and i have followed every instruction to the t with no avail. if anyone can think of anything to help please do. thans a million. BTW im trying to install astrill on the router so oif maybe this is a cause could you please advise of a better solution. 100% novice soplease be thorough i will read everything i need to im just at a loss right now. Thank you
DigitalDeviant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think you missed the threads at the top of this forum that are permanently there for good reasons. Please read the first one very slowly.

Read This First
Recommended Build

Beyond that, you might try slobodan's recommendation and the latest Kong build. Kong's mods are usually well tested and often have less bugs.[/url]
txsgunnut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
DigitalDeviant wrote:
I think you missed the threads at the top of this forum that are permanently there for good reasons. Please read the first one very slowly.

Read This First
Recommended Build

Beyond that, you might try slobodan's recommendation and the latest Kong build. Kong's mods are usually well tested and often have less bugs.[/url]

Ok DD i read it slowly AGAIN and followed EVERY SINGLE STEP word for word and still have no open VPN installed on my router. I have installed Every option from the dbase also the Kong build from above and a couple of brainslayers builds. STILL NOTHING. Didnt brick. i can still access everything. Is there a way to install the Open VPN on its own through the command prompt on the admin section. thanks
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
txsgunnut wrote:
wats6831 wrote:

I did flash only the builds that appeared in the database I will give the other above a try but before i do is there anything special i need to know about it before i dive head first into it

Did I or DD say anything about the database? You cannot come here asking for help and not read and understand the stickies.
txsgunnut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
wats6831 wrote:
txsgunnut wrote:
wats6831 wrote:

I did flash only the builds that appeared in the database I will give the other above a try but before i do is there anything special i need to know about it before i dive head first into it

Did I or DD say anything about the database? You cannot come here asking for help and not read and understand the stickies.

OK Wats just being clear fully for you and DD. I HAVE INSTALLED 13 DIFFERENT FLASHES. Any place i read and someone says "this worked for me" i dl it and follow all the steps to the letter. I have also tried a few from brainslayer and the one slobodon added to this thread. With all that being said ill just look for help elsewhere since yall keep telling me the EXACT SAME THING every other thread i have read has told me. I only posted here cause after reading threads for 2 days and trying everything in them that i could see relevant and still coming up blank i thought someone would maybe be able to help me with maybe something im simply over looking in the files or in the final steps of the process i aint seeing. Sorry to have inconvenienced anyone looking for help in a forum setup for it.
txsgunnut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
BTW what am i not understanding Wats. I have made it all the way through the process atleast 20 times and still missing the one thing that makes DD-WRT work
DigitalDeviant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
txsgunnut wrote:
BTW what am i not understanding Wats. I have made it all the way through the process atleast 20 times and still missing the one thing that makes DD-WRT work

You may be able to find and install an Optware version but you would be on your own on that. I seriously doubt all these versions are broken and that you must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Try installing a build from the recommended build thread and showing us your VPN configuration.
txsgunnut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright guys i have made it through successfully now but when i go to load my Astrill on it says nvram locked. could i get some help with this. I read the peacock thread and it didnt seem to cover this. thanks
txsgunnut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
DigitalDeviant wrote:
txsgunnut wrote:

You may be able to find and install an Optware version but you would be on your own on that. I seriously doubt all these versions are broken and that you must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Try installing a build from the recommended build thread and showing us your VPN configuration.

Astrill has a one click load setting for their servers and when i do this i get the message nvram lock; waiting. Ill be honest i dont tknow the first thing about setting up a vpn manually.
DigitalDeviant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
txsgunnut wrote:
DigitalDeviant wrote:
txsgunnut wrote:

Astrill has a one click load setting for their servers and when i do this i get the message nvram lock; waiting. Ill be honest i dont tknow the first thing about setting up a vpn manually.

Perhaps then this is a problem better suited for Astrill's support. OpenVPN works fine on DD-WRT when properly configured. I looked into their service and applet on their site and blog, since your post today was the first time it was even mentioned, and I found this:

Quote:
Due to a lack of documentation, many features in Astrill are a secret, even for our support team. Only developers know all the secrets. We are planning to change this soon with a nice FAQ and manual.

That doesn't sound like they really know what they're doing. The wiki has an article on configuring it which is a good place to start. I would ask them to debug or for manual configuration settings or else I would find another VPN service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: