EnGenius 9850

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
dalben
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
See, a note like that from DD-WRT would close down tje conversation. We wouldn't like the outcome but at least we know it got to them, they at least gave it a quick 5min look and decided priorities laid elsewhere. Fine. I paid another $10 to try and improve my router and failed. Doesn't worry me. I wasted way more money on Tech than that.

But the lack of response and refusal to verify it arrived is what makes this look messy and opens dd-wrt to suspicions.
Sponsor
virremova
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have to second the general opinion in this topic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Push, and i second the overall impression of this thread.
This was definitely the first and the last time i donated something to DD-WRT. Not because we didnt get a working firmware, but because of the way these guys handled the donation. up to today i never got a message that they received the unit, only JDickiez got a confirmation that the unit reached DD-Wrt.
Dukenukemx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has this been laid to rest? No DD-WRT for this router?
allx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, nobody cares
bsdaiwa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be nice to think that someone would have the moral code to at least reply to the questions regarding the donation of the router and the status of the development of firmware for it.
3rd_Rock_Lurker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a few of these units and have to impart that they are very good routers from my experience. I have also been following this thread from the beginning and have often the seen sentiment, if not directly in suggestion, to "Put your money where your mouth is" to send a test router to allow the DD-WRT team to see if a build can be done or even work with said router. I imagine that the expense to test on the number of routers that DD-WRT supports would be staggering if it were to be covered entirely by themselves. So, I have no problem as do many followers of DD-WRT to donate towards or donate entirely for a router to help with the effort. However, when at least two routers specific to this thread are received and no one can be bothered to at the very least acknowledge to those that sent these units that they were received. Well...I don't think anyone would be to fond of the idea. Aside from that I don't think anyone in this thread seems so concerned that a build couldn't, can't, or won't be made, but more concerned that when some hardware is sent that there is no validation of receipt. Who wants to buy something and send it to anyone for that matter and not know whether it was received or not? Was it stolen? I totally sympathize with those that sent or donated for hardware that can't be verified as even being received. Just seems like a simple step to whomever receives these directly to take the time to say "we got it!" in PM or email.
There's my two cents...flame away or agree. I do think DD-WRT is the best firmware out there and they do seem to go the extra step to get support for new hardware. I look forward to testing new builds and have done so for at least 5 years. So, in no way is this a slam on the firmware, but my thoughts on how DD-WRT should do right by those that donate hardware.
bsdaiwa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well said, 3rd_Rock_Lurker.
jwbaynham
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey so I've been reading some different threads and it looks like they're saying that the Engenius 9850 is actually the same chipset as the Sitecom WL-351.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86305&highlight=esr9850

00 11
Engenius ESR-9850
Sitecom WL-351 (RT3052, 3 antenna)

Also I notice that next to the Sitecom-WL-351 reference in the Supported Devices list it says "ESR9850 ODM" in the feature notes.

The status for a DD-WRT release on this Sitecom device is WIP (work in progress)

Does this mean we might be getting an ESR9850 compatible release potentially??
3rd_Rock_Lurker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
So they did get them?! Razz j/k

That is good to hear...I would definitely welcome the build. Thanks for the information jwbaynham!
3rd_Rock_Lurker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
New firmware from Engenius...actually it is a beta firmware and app update. Fixes the Android issue that seems to reboot the router. Been working great for me so far.

Download V2.1.1.2 here
jivetrky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump to subscribe. I have a 9850 and am interested to see if ddwrt is possible or not. I'd just want a yes or no or "working on it", not being too picky there.

EDIT: BTW 3rd_Rock_Lurker, I now see a 2.1.3 release shown here: http://www.engeniustech.com.sg/support
Kroligoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I make again special version of Firmware for ESR9850

+Enabled Telnet
+Enabled hidden settings (bridge lan , etc)

Wink

===========
utelnet started only for br0 (lan+wifi) interface,but not for WAN
and used port 25

example: telnet 192.168.xx.1 25

============================================

There are some hidden commands:

Settings Bridge:
xx.xx.xxx.xx/bridgelan.htm LAN Port Birdging and MAC Address Bridging Settings

Monitor:
xx.xxx.xx.xx/stasmonitor.htm Monitor WAN and WLAN Bandwidth

Mutlicast Settings:
http://xx.xx.xx.xx/wanadv.htm

Advanced Firewall Settings:
xx.xx.xx.xx/fwadv.htm

Advanced WMM Settings:
xx.xx.xx.xx/wlwmm.htm
bsdaiwa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 pm Post subject:
I make again special version of Firmware for ESR9850

Anybody tried this? If you have can you report on how it works on your ESR9850?
Bump
seti
DD-WRT User

Location: Physically: Somewhere in time and space / Mentally: As lost as the next person

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 19:41    Post subject: Been awhile... Reply with quote
I am sure there is no headway...but I wanted to thank all those that tried to get this router in the DD-WRT stable. Those that donated money and a router...thanks to you guys!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 17
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: