Add latency to IP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Rock.Theory
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 19:36    Post subject: Add latency to IP Reply with quote
For testing purposes, I'm looking to add latency to one specific IP on my network. I've found that commands using "tc" don't actually work.

Using SSH, I input:

Code:
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 2000ms

I get no response from the console.

From my understanding that should "lag" my whole network (as broadband connection is on eth0), but it does not. I also do not know how to convert that so it is IP specific. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsor
willfal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have also tried to use this reciently and i cannot get it to work either. The commands do nothing.

Does anyone know why.
tamathumper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41    Post subject: Any response(s)? Reply with quote
I need to do this as well to test a database application that has to run worldwide. It is epic-failing in South Africa and Asia I think due to latency. I was hoping to bring my router to work instead of having to set up a separate machine with Linux on it.

Anyone?

Beuhler?

<crickets>

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: