Linksys E3200 Here - see page 2 for test build!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
revere521
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought 2 E3200 to replace older WRT54G's and I am currently running dd-wrt.v24-18024_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k with success for the most part.

I have them setup with WDS for the 2.4ghz interfaces, and all the things I normally use are working fine (all wired connections work fine, pppoe connection through bridged westel 7500 works well, access restrictions, etc.)

The only real issues I am facing now (other than the obvious 5gz radio issue)is with UPnP. My Windows Home Server isn't available with DDNS, and I am having no luck with tightVNC across the LAN. [the tightVNC thing was my own issue - thats fixed now Rolling Eyes] I understand that there is an issue with port forwarding and NAT loopback (i have the recommended firewall script in place - otherwise enabling UPnP breaks the WAN connection).

I would love to see some development continue for the E3200, as I think even partially working DD-WRT is better than linksys stock firmware.

Is there anything that we noobs can do to help? I am no developer, but i will do whatever I can to keep this going.
Sponsor
Pharaoh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem is the lack of drivers.

Broadcom isn't giving the drivers out and without them its best guess.

There was hope the new asus router would have the same hardware but it seems not.
revere521
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there any way to extract the drivers for the radio and USB from the stock firmware package?

I'm asking because i honestly don't know if that's possible.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
revere521 wrote:
is there any way to extract the drivers for the radio and USB from the stock firmware package?

I'm asking because i honestly don't know if that's possible.

we have the source code but the drivers are binary.. meaning they are compiled.. referred to as "binary blobs" (wl_high.ko).

the driver source code is needed or programming instructions from Broadcom. Earlier in this thread I posted my requests and responses from Linksys & Broadcom.

don't be scared & be patient..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, apologies if I am being too eager. I don't mind waiting.
noisegate95
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just purchased an E3200. My WRT-160N (14896) crapped out. I was in the Best Buy store( I hate Best Buy, but it was an emergency) and checking the online database for DD-WRT compatibility. They were out of 4200's so I wound up with the 3200.

After flashing with the database recommended 17201, I noticed that the DDNS didn't work, but more importantly the 5Ghz was not available. CRAP. Didn't feel like returning it as my son needed online access ASAP for Xbox Live.

Anyway to the point - A couple other posters are stating they are using 18024, but with problems. I use this router for SSH and port forwarding from work (SHHH, don't tell on me), and you guys are reporting issues with 18024 DDNS. I threw inadyn on my Linux box, and that solved the DDNS issue, I'd rather it was on the router, but no biggie.

Would you recommend staying with 17201, or are their major fixes in the newer build? I really cannot find any further info on these higher firmware versions.

I am using this router for port forwarding, wireless, and that's basically it. Nothing fancy.

Thanks.
earnest79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed dd-wrt.v24-18024_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200.bin and after playing with it i managed to get repeater mode to work. Also port forwarding although i could only change 1 box at a time but it works. It seems pretty stable so far.

My question is does it support usb harddrives? I couldnt figure out how to enable it.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
mini builds do not have usb support unless so named. you need to run a std_usb_nas or a larger build that has usb built in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a consensus right now which build is the most stable on the 3200? [edit]

Sorry, I realized I need to ask this question in a much clearer way Embarassed :

There are several builds available, ranging from 16214 to 18024. I am currently using 18024 mega on 2 E3200's.

I have a home server, a HTPC connected to the tv, 3 regular desktops, 3 laptops, 2 tablets, 2 ipods, an xbox (wired) and 2 android phones in regular use (Thats the entire family, most of that stuff is in the two teenager's rooms).

One router does PPPoE through my bridged westel 7500 dsl modem, and the other is a client with DHCP server disabled.

I have the routers setup in a WDS (one serving either end of my ranch style house), they also each have all the LAN ethernet ports used - which is the primary reason i have two routers. wds itself seems to be working ok - i can see that bot routers are connected, and devices can connect to either and get to the internet. Since my environment has both G and N devices, the WDS seems to load balance with faster devices on one and slower devices on the other. Although we are seeing a lot of speed fluctuation and some intermittent drops of devices on the 2.4 radios.

Both routers have access restriction policies for wireless devices primarily to limit facebook and connection times - these seem to be working fine.

I have DDNS turned off right now, that was not working for me. UPnP is on and picks up the homeserver's port forwards, but still does not appear to work with DDNS (even with the NAT loopback fix - but I have to admit I don't have a high level of comfort with iptables - so nothing custom is done.)

I tred the USB port on the main router once to mount a HDD, but it appeared to lock up the router (became unresponsive) so i disabled the USB ports and have not tried again.

The strangest Issue is during reboot (hard or software) one router reboots fine; but the other continuously loops booting, untill I pull all the network cables except internet. once i do that, it finishes the boot ok, and I can plug all the other cables back in.

Does anyone think what I am experiencing is just par for the course with these builds, or would moving to a different build be better?
sevktcaba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/14/11) mega - build 17201 on e3200, Works fine, but 5 Ghz not active. I had disconnection issues with stock software (both v1.0 and the latest Ver.1.0.02 (Build 9)), so i installed dd-wrt. dd-wrt solved the disconnection issue, but like i said, no 5Ghz WI-FI available.
WI-FI connection speed is MAX 72 Mbps with HTC EVO3D, could not try it with a laptop.

Finally, nice work and hope to see 5 Ghz support ASAP.
sevktcaba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
And one more thing, after installation if you get 404 Error for any (every) operations, DON'T PANIC!

That is a browser issue, just close your browser (not the page, all the tabs) and re-open the web interface. It should be OK.
cdlegate
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
can someone tell me if the wireless Bridge mode works on this router?
Dreamweaver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
...so no OpenDNS-Support for the Linksys E3200???
r_heliman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wireles brides mode works. I have two e3200 connect by bridging.
Dreamweaver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dreamweaver wrote:
...so no OpenDNS-Support for the Linksys E3200???

got the Router... checked it... will send it back to my dealer Sad I need a Router with OpenVPN-Support... any suggestions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 32
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: