How to? E4200 guestnet segmentation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
nbdwt73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having a problem with my "guestnet" on my e4200 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/20/11) big - build 18024. I built it per the instructions in the wiki (including seperation of the WLAN's). The account is without any security (yet) and I can connect to the guest account fine but cannot get to anything outside of the router (intranet or internet - can get to the router though).

I have even built this on a second e4200 running the same release in the exact same way (follwed the instructions step by step). I can get out if I do not seperate the WLAN's but as soon as I do that I am stuck. I have not added any additional commands in the router startup or firewall. Any suggestion will be appreciated...
Sponsor
mrengles
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
You will have to Unbridge br1 and make sure to enable Masquerade / NAT.

Look at my earlier post in this thread. Have you done this?
nbdwt73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know, this is a perfect example of being to close to something and therefore not paying complete attention... The answer is that I did not complete that step (although I have done it before). I have several routers (only 2 e4200) that work following the steps in the wiki. I forgot to take this step for the e4200... Thanks.

Lesson learned (again).
shmackitup
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems as though the rules have changed again... Just upgraded to dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k on my E4200 and Multiple WLANs do not work with this setup. Anyone have a clue? The options in Setup/Networking have changed.
nbdwt73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was having the same problem again. To fix it I went to the wireless setup tab and unbridged the virtual network (my guestnet). Set the IP address and subnet (for mine it is 192.168.2.1 SN 255.255.255.0). Make sure that Masquerade / NAT is enabled. Then apply it and wait about 1 minute.

BTW - I still have the bridge setup per the wiki (see above). This enables me to restrict access to my multiple WLAN's using firewall rules. Guestnet can only get to the internet - not intranet.
shmackitup
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've successfully got it working by applying the changes here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=712425#712425
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: