WNDR3700 Wlan On/Off Switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ongabonga
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 14:49    Post subject: WNDR3700 Wlan On/Off Switch Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

One of the reasons I got the WNDR3700 is that it has a physical switch on the router to turn on/off the wlan. I don't need it that often, and I prefer having it turned off when I don't need.

However, this function doesn't seem to work any more after installing DD-Wrt on the device.

So my question is, is it possible to get this working again? I understand that on can switch of the radio in the setup of the router, but I was hoping to use the switch on the device, for convenience.

Any hint is greatly appreciated!

-peter

Last edited by ongabonga on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:04; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
check "SES/AOSS/EZ-SETUP/WPS Button" settings on services page
ongabonga
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent! Thank you very much!
ongabonga
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just updated my WNDR3700v2 to v24-sp2 (03/19/12), and the WPS button isn't able to turn the WiFi on/off again any more, eventhough it is enabled under services.

If I disable it, the LED under the button doesn't turn on when the button is pushed. However it does turn on when it's enabled - only thing, nothing happens.

Also when I enable "Turn radio off at boot", it doesn't turn off the wifi.

Any hint is greatly appreciated.

-Peter
vladomkd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
same problem here! i just bought wndr3700 v2, installed dd-wrt r18777, however the wifi on/off button is definitely not working.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wireless settings page -> wireless network mode(where it says mixed, NG-Mixed etc) -> disabled.

The button doesnt work all i was told is its "not supported".

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

vladomkd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the reply.

i find that "not supported" answer strange, since i had a bit of peculiar experience with this dd-wrt build. namely, when i first installed it, without doing any configuration the button actually worked (i.e switched the radios on/off). after i had configured the router i noticed that the button no longer works. i'm guessing it some sort of a bug, rather than a not supported function.
vlotarev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am experiencing the same problem with the latest firmware ... Could you please confirm that this functionality is really not supported (than I, probably, had to come back to original firmware since wlan on/off switch is important for me)? May be I missed some option? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: