More than 1 webserver behind DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
All of these web servers reside on VM's. I do not need anything fancy

Do they reside on separate VMs ??

Cheers
Chris
Sponsor
KP4DJT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because each one of those is a separate VM on a ESXi server, and after each one of them is finished and read to go, it is moved a physical machine and taken to the customer site, so that particular name goes away Replace the citrus, apple, juice, etc with a customer company name or abbreviation and that is what is actually there. Each one of them is a stand alone VM, and each one of them is temporary. As soon as the VM is moved to a physical machine that particular address will be forwarded to the customer site until they take over the handling of the URL. At which point we will then retire the 3rd level domain. I have been trying to install different pieces on my WNDR3700v2 but not having much luck with getting it going.
KP4DJT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of course I guess I could run a small server VM and put pound on it, direct all of the port 80 connections to that server, get it all running there and then use the scripts to get it going on the router. If one of you is just routing connections, no security, the security is in each VM, then I would like to see what you did. The router is a production router so I can not be doing things that will take it down.
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like the go.

If you can stage it on some other hardware. Then move it across.

I'm not too familiar with Pound, which is why I was reading up on it. I have set up reverse proxy services before using Squid and ISA (yuck Razz)

Anyway, have a play, post back and let us know how you go.

BTW, The WNDR is an Atheros chipset from what I understand. I do a lot with the WNR3500L, single band N but works well as a router.

/C
KP4DJT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I think that is the direction I am going to move to. Of course if I get a good set of config files, I will try to do it directly on the WNDR3700. At least if I do it on a small server I do not have to worry about buggering up the router.

Indeed, I am quite happy with the WNDR3700v2. The v1 is a PITA, I had a older version of dd-wrt on it, I think it was dated about this time last year, I tried to upgrade it to the latest and keep on getting a semibrick. I have to use the factory firmware to get it back. I have tried all of the tricks and no joy. But the v2 is a keeper...
irosaurus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everybody,
sorry to post in such an old thread, but I think it fits best Wink

my question: did anyone manage to get pound running with multiple ssl certificates for different (sub-)domains?

I spent days trying to figure it out, but no matter what I did, I got the following error:
Code:
certificate SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file failed

I saw some guys doing exactly this with pound.

Finally I gave up and tried it instead on my Raspberry Pi with the exact same config and port forwarding... and surprisingly it worked out of the box!

so I campared the two versions:

raspberry pi:
Code:
# pound -V
starting...
Version 2.6
  Configuration switches:
    --enable-cert1l

dd-wrt:
Code:
# pound -V
starting...
Version 2.5
  Configuration switches:
    --enable-cert1l
    --with-ssl=/home/slug/optware/ddwrt/staging/opt

after some research I found out that SNI support (Server Name Indication) is added in version 2.6 Rolling Eyes

so the question again, did somebody get a work-around? and no, a wildcard cert is not an option Wink

Cheers iro

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 16:44    Post subject: Can this be done under Linux 3.10.79? Reply with quote
Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I figured since what I'm trying to do was discussed directly here I would give this a shot first.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Like frater, I'm trying to have my subdomains point to different webservers, especially now that I'm getting into virtualization.
As I understand it, I need a wildcard A record setup on my DNS and a reverse proxy (pound) routing to the appropriate lan ips.

My question is, can I get this running with my current setup? I'm running a
RT-N16
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/15) big - build 27086M
Kernel Version: Linux 3.10.79 #8147 Wed May 27 07:29:43 CEST 2015 mips

From what I see the optware is still broken for these builds... and pound is no longer included even in the Mega builds since k2.6.

Anyway, I'm really liking the k3.1 build and my router runs better than ever but the documentation and development seems lacking. Is my only choice to get this working to go back to a k2.6 build?
Thanks,
Jack

edit: it looks like the big version has pound 2.6 installed by default... if anyone has a tutorial for using preinstalled pound I would appreciate it, in the meantime I'll try and modify frater's code.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: