NEW Fractal BUILDS 17949 *CLOSED* Moving on to Devel Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
djroby19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ascott look forward to a beautiful 60K Mega thanks for the excellent work Laughing
Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std - build 18777 + modem Digicom combo cx + Nas Synology DS-209 da 2 T + LG DP1W+ APC Back-UPS RS-Power Saving Back-UPS Pro 550 + switch Zyxel Gs105B + http://forum.emulesecurity.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3441
Sponsor
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
djroby19 wrote:
Ascott look forward to a beautiful 60K Mega thanks for the excellent work Laughing

I have been working on cleaning up a little since we squashed the USB mount bug, this includes a new dual xeon server for compiling and a trip to best buy Smile

So... What am I working on now.

1. Wiviz-2 broken.... Testing in progress, believe fixed.

2. Adding S10wlstat to init, so that wl -i eth0 interference 2 is executed during startup. In my testing the NV60k routers current drivers are sensitive to noise and interference. This is a hardware level device control and seems to change noise floor in a positive manner allowing for better sustained wireless link speed.

3. Wanted to note that giga builds can be built for E3200 and E4200 v1 Routers as these have 16M Flash and 64M ram, so our bin can be a little larger.. Giga builds do have nmd, as there is space for it.. There are other things that are in giga that are not in mega. So to answer only NV60k routers with 16M flash can use these, the E2000/E3000 only have 8M flash so this is a no go.

So far the build on page 7 from ascott is the latest, I will release a new bin when my changes are tested. Please when testing bins put any problems or praise here, and dont file a trac ticket unless we can confirm its a legit bug and not work in progress.

Last I will be examining the new cisco E4200 version 2 sometime Monday afternoon, this is cisco's new Flagship consumer router. We can expect version 1 routers to sell out and version 2 to start hitting stores soon.. If you are purchasing the E4200 do check the version next to the bar code before purchase as u may be getting v2 which we wont know anything about till monday and there is NO dd-wrt support yet..

-Fractal
Taomyn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Giga? Couldn't find this listed anywhere: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#K2.6_Build_Features A new feature set?

Before coming across your builds I was using "Big" on my E4200 so I've partly missed having NTFS support and hope this will be included in the near future.
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Taomyn wrote:
Giga? Couldn't find this listed anywhere: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#K2.6_Build_Features A new feature set?

Before coming across your builds I was using "Big" on my E4200 so I've partly missed having NTFS support and hope this will be included in the near future.

Lol, I'm quite confused too!
kt_haddock
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
NTFS is included in MEGA build and probably in upcoming GIGA build, not relesed yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well... I don't think there was a press release on the build tracking nomenclature, however, from watching the development, I will venture to deduce the following.

MEGA / BIG = Sub 8MB firmware file.
Note: Eko's Big = BS' Mega with some minor compiling modifications by Eko.

GIGA = Greater than 8mb firmware file.
Note: This one has all the bells and whistles and usually are around 10MB.

I have an Asus RT-N16 (16MB Flash/128MB RAM) with with Kong's 17940 KingKong Mod which is just north of 10MB.

As pointed out by Fractal, if you have a dd-wrt supported router (http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices) with a 16MB or 32MB Flash, 32K NVRAM space, then you can use the GIGA builds for the 32K NVRAM routers.

VERY IMPORTANT!!: Please check the NVxx size on the build you will be loading, if you choose one that has an NVRAM space setting that is different that your router, it will brick your router. Read 5 times, upload firmware once.
walshlink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone tell me WHERE to find Fractals builds for a e4200? I have read this thread and can find no reference on where to download it.

I currently have Tomato running on my e4200 and it is working very well. I wanted to test out a DD-WRT build to compare.
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. Wiki is your friend http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E4200
2. just five posts above, in this page:
Fractal wrote:

So far the build on page 7 from ascott is the latest, I will release a new bin when my changes are tested. Please when testing bins put any problems or praise here, and dont file a trac ticket unless we can confirm its a legit bug and not work in progress.

Last I will be examining the new cisco E4200 version 2 sometime Monday afternoon, this is cisco's new Flagship consume
-Fractal
Wink
---edit---
BTW, Fractal, I am having some problems with WiFi speeds. My Intel 5100AGN card isn't willing to go further 80/160/200Mbps even very near the router (nearer performance drops again). It tries to go fast, 300Mbps stays there for some seconds, then drops. It does this every time I apply any settings about WiFi on the router. Two times, after hours of tries, it maintained 300Mbps for long but it couldn't receive packets from the router (count stuck at 0) and it even locked and had to be disabled. I think it's a problem of the builds because users report successful 300Mbps connections with older build and the same router and client.
Spoke about it here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=147798

Another problem I have with 17949 is ip neigh commands aren't answered/pose in action. I can't WOL as I was doing before after having learned from the wiki here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wake-on-LAN_%28tutorial%29#Remote_Wake_On_LAN_via_Port_Forwarding . But I managed using a more secure ssh connection now, so it's a problem for me, just wanted to let you know this.

Last edited by ErMeglio on Sun Dec 04, 2011 16:56; edited 2 times in total
walshlink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
ErMeglio...thanks! I think I understand what's going on now...I kept looking for the build on Eko and Brainslayer's FTP site...
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
walshlink wrote:
ErMeglio...thanks! I think I understand what's going on now...I kept looking for the build on Eko and Brainslayer's FTP site...

Got the same problem for hours, too, had to crawl every BrayanSlayer's ftp/http/db/Google source and finally this forum looking for the "latest" build!! That's why I understand you very well mate lol Twisted Evil
Taomyn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
ErMeglio wrote:
BTW, Fractal, I am having some problems with WiFi speeds. My Intel 5100AGN card isn't willing to go further 80/160/200Mbps even very near the router (nearer performance drops again). It tries to go fast, 300Mbps stays there for some seconds, then drops. It does this every time I apply any settings about WiFi on the router. Two times, after hours of tries, it maintained 300Mbps for long but it couldn't receive packets from the router (count stuck at 0) and it even locked and had to be disabled. I think it's a problem of the builds because users report successful 300Mbps connections with older build and the same router and client.

Sounds like you have interference issues and the current firmwares don't fully fix this yet. Look back for my replies and you'll see my temporary code for maintaining the setting.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Taomyn wrote:
ErMeglio wrote:

Sounds like you have interference issues and the current firmwares don't fully fix this yet. Look back for my replies and you'll see my temporary code for maintaining the setting.

He is correct the issues you are experiencing are wifi sensitivity problems in the driver and can be fixed with the wl commands

-Fractal
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had even read the posts but didn't think about them now. You are speaking of eth1, while I'm using eth2 now, should the interference setting be on on both interfaces?
I could simply do two startup scripts:
while [ 1 ]; do wl -i eth1 interference 2; sleep 30; done &
while [ 1 ]; do wl -i eth2 interference 2; sleep 30; done &

Should this be working?
kt_haddock
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
zoomlink wrote:

I have an Asus RT-N16 (16MB Flash/128MB RAM) with with Kong's 17940 KingKong Mod which is just north of 10MB.

Do you have an early version of RT-N16 ? Mine two have 32MB flash and 128MB Ram. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Can anyone confirm which version of Broadcom wifi driver is running on 17949? 5.100.138.9?

I'm having issues on speed link with this driver (5.100.138.9) on 17940 Kingkong build. It drops over time (few hours) from 144mbps to 78mbps and then 54mbps...*

Thank you in advance.

*In the same environmental conditions vs 15508M Eko. RT-N16.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: