Limit Bandwidth

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
PokerMunkee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:05    Post subject: Limit Bandwidth Reply with quote
Hi,

I have QoS working where I limit each user to 512kbps/512kbps. But I want to limit the total bandwidth used by the DD-WRT router to 3Mbps total. My pipe is 10Mbps/10Mbps but I can't have the public wifi taking it all up.

How do I max users out at 512kbps/512kbps and total WAN bandwidth to 3Mbps/3Mbps?

I have a WRT54GL v1.

Thanks!!
Sponsor
Pjotr12345
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Limit the number of IP addresses in the DHCP server (default is 50). For example: max 10 IP adresses, at 0,3 Mbps each = there will never be more bandwidth used than 3 Mbps.

Tip: decrease the DHCP lease time to 10 minutes (default is 1440 minutes), which causes each connected client to automatically renew every 5 minutes. So your 10 IP addresses will be used optimally.

I myself am using QoS on a Linksys WRT54GL v1.1, Special edition build 15962. I have noticed that increasing the amount of IP adresses above 10, causes bandwidth instability (not connection instability, but purely the bandwidth). So 10 should work fine for you as well, I suppose.

https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/tomato.html
PokerMunkee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting way of doing this. I might try that. Hoping there is some kind of iptables/tc command that would easily limit the WAN port to a certain limit.

I'm contacting my ISP to see if they can limit the bandwidth by IP address on their end (using metro ethernet). This would be the best solution.

Thanks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: