Request for support of DD-WRT on a OvisLink IP-1000R router

GigaWatt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 0:47    Post subject: Request for support of DD-WRT on a OvisLink IP-1000R router Reply with quote
I'm really sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong section of the forum, but I read all of the rules and I really had no idea where to post this request except here. If the admins/mods feel this thread needs to be moved, please do so Wink.

As most of the threads and rules of the forum (and the main DD-WRT site) suggest, I made some pictures of the inside of the router and identified all of the ICs on the board (although I wasn't able to find datasheets from all of them :S). Here a very vague description of the ICs inside the router:

CPU: Amlogic AMRISC 9041-G
Ethernet Switch: IP175C LF
RAM Memory: EM36165TS-7G
CMOS Flash Memory: EN29LV040A-70JCP

I hope the info helps Wink. Now here are the pictures. If some you have any other questions regarding the router, I would be more than happy to answer them Wink.

PS: I forgot to mention that it's not a wireless router, although the top cover might suggest this. It's only a 4 port Fast Ethernet SOHO router Wink.

PPS: I also filled the contact form on the main page with all of the required information, as suggested in the FAQ page Wink.
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can not run dd-wrt, wrong cpu too start with and not enough flash or ram to run linux in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I thought the CPU might be a problem :S. Maybe the kernel can be reconfigured to run on this CPU, but there is another problem, I can't find a datasheet on the CPU anywhere on the net, so I guess I'm stuck :S.

Actually, the RAM memory module is 4MB, it says so in the datasheet Wink, so I guess there is no problem in that part (as read on the main page DD-WRT needs at least 4MB of RAM in order to run properly).

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply Wink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: