cross-compiling dd-wrt for ARM architechure - need info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
bhanuprakash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:40    Post subject: cross-compiling dd-wrt for ARM architechure - need info Reply with quote
Hi,

I downloaded the source code from dd-wrt site (1210-2006-svn5216.snapshot.tar.bz2). I actually needed to cross-compile it for ARM (Avila - IXP425).

Ironically I find no guide or help available for building dd-wrt for ARM. Moreover,the makefiles in dd-wrt appear specific to mips architecture.

I attempt to use evaluation version of dd-wrt for Avila (gateworks) board. But I find that login was not allowed in evaluation version which I believe I can overcome this problem by building it.

My questions are -

1. Was there any specific dd-wrt snapshots available for ARM architecture?
2. Any guide or any material that helps in building dd-wrt for Avila-ixp?
3. How are present ARM fraternity doing so? Should I end up porting all the makefiles to IXP? Was there any tips to avoid porting?
4. Where will I get the toolchains for ARM? I failed to download from the link - http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2FGPL%20Archive%2Farm%20toolchains%2F&download=arm-linux-tools-20031127.tar.bz2. Is there any other place/site from where I can download toolchains?

Excuse me if I have posted this in wrong forum-category.

Thanks in advance,
Bhanu Prakash A
Sponsor
indianboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 18:25    Post subject: Re: cross-compiling dd-wrt for ARM architechure - need info Reply with quote
bhanuprakash wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded the source code from dd-wrt site (1210-2006-svn5216.snapshot.tar.bz2). I actually needed to cross-compile it for ARM (Avila - IXP425).

Ironically I find no guide or help available for building dd-wrt for ARM. Moreover,the makefiles in dd-wrt appear specific to mips architecture.

I attempt to use evaluation version of dd-wrt for Avila (gateworks) board. But I find that login was not allowed in evaluation version which I believe I can overcome this problem by building it.

My questions are -

3. How are present ARM fraternity doing so? Should I end up porting all the makefiles to IXP? Was there any tips to avoid porting?
4. Where will I get the toolchains for ARM? I failed to download from the link - http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2FGPL%20Archive%2Farm%20toolchains%2F&download=arm-linux-tools-20031127.tar.bz2. Is there any other place/site from where I can download toolchains?

Thanks in advance,
Bhanu Prakash A

bhanuprakash wrote:
Hi,

My questions are -

Thanks in advance,
Bhanu Prakash A

Leave the compiling part to BS. If you want to compile then you can surely do it in the broadcom version. The firmware decompression tool is available to download.

AFAIK still now there is no way you can decompress the x86 firmware.

If you need a specific firmware then you can contact BS for more information.

Best Regards
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is no evaluation version available but as for x86 you just need to contact me to get a free key for a single unit

Navigation

Jump to: