v24 WDS not working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
daweeze02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:03    Post subject: v24 WDS not working? Reply with quote
I have 3 WRT's that were working fine with WDS in v23 SP1, but I decided to try the latest unstable build of v24. I set everything up exactly the way I had it in v23 which worked flawessly. But now no matter what I try I cannot get any of my routers to see each other. Is anyone else having the same issues?

Also I tried going back to v23, but I noticed some of the v24 features didnt go away, example the button for unmasking the passwords. So after going back to version 23 on all my routers wds still would no longer work, and I think it was due to installing 24 and trying to go back to 23.
Sponsor
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use latest build from "unstable"-" multilanguage" folder.
(unmask password button IS v23 feauture)

After upgrade reset to defaults and you'll be fine.
daweeze02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
So you are saying you the latest v23 and it should fix my issue?

Well I remoted in and flashed my main wrt back to v23 build 6-30, but I do not have access to my living room router since the wds is not working, I will have to flash it back when I get home today. SadSadSad.......................I guess I will not be watching worldcup via my slingbox today.
adisor19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
daweeze02 wrote:
So you are saying you the latest v23 and it should fix my issue?

Well I remoted in and flashed my main wrt back to v23 build 6-30, but I do not have access to my living room router since the wds is not working, I will have to flash it back when I get home today. SadSadSad.......................I guess I will not be watching worldcup via my slingbox today.

The WDS in v23 06/30/06 is broken for me as well. You're not the only one.

Adi
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, but now its fixed

here a v24 for testing wds

dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin
 Filesize:  2.53 MB
 Downloaded:  883 Time(s)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, it works for me (last nightly build also did). even with encryption enabled (wep).

the only problem i have is that the encryption settings seem to be global. means if you set wep for wl0 all mssids become encrypted. and if you disable it for wl0 and enable it for wl0.1 wl0.2...wl0.x all ssids remain unencrypted.
another issue is that while in repeater mode (i know this is sort of client mode) and channel locked to one frequency the radio will still search for best signal an change channel. is there a way to lock it to a specific frequency while still in repeater mode?
StoneRoses
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer,
Does this fix apply to Jul-1 build (v.23)?

I just upgraded both of my routers from Jun-27 to the latest build and WDS is not working again. I will walk to that router and see what really happen
CaScAdE
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
StoneRoses wrote:
BrainSlayer,
Does this fix apply to Jul-1 build (v.23)?

I just upgraded both of my routers from Jun-27 to the latest build and WDS is not working again. I will walk to that router and see what really happen

DD-WRT v23 SP1 Final (07/01/06) micro
and
DD-WRT v23 SP1 Final (07/01/06) std

same for me, no more wds ;(

Webcam Kiel
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
no we are talking about v24 here.

about the v24 encryption. i tested independed encryption settings for each ssid. i server found out that these are globally.

Navigation

Jump to: