NetGear WNR1000v2 Request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Shuny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please don't post your personnal issues on this thread. It isn't related to the topic at all.

I'm still looking for a way to test the DIR build on my Netgear WNR1000v2 Smile If anyone can help us ...
Sponsor
computer.technician
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Shuny

Then don't post your personal issues asking for a request to have something performed for you by another member. The topic, you idiot, is "WNR1000v2" and it's related to porting the DD-WRT firmware to this particular router. I mentioned that in my post as well. If you were so smart, then you wouldn't be trolling for a hand-out. At least, I'm willing to donate this router to further the cause. What have you done?

@Anyone else, other than Shuny

I've attempted to build the firmware, which is linked in a previous reply, with a VM of 8.10 and I'm still getting make errors with GCC. I'm almost certain the GPL released code was built on a different platform that what they specified or had modifications other than what is available with a new installation of all prerequisites. This router is using the OpenWRT Kamikaze firmware, modified by NETGEAR. Prior to the router becoming unable to load the firmware; I was able to use telnetEnable to verify this along with some hardware but the telnetEnable change would not commit. I'm not very familiar with either Broadcom or Atheros. I believe that Broadcom uses NVRAM for configurations. What do Atheros based SoC use for saving changes to the kernel defaults? If anyone could help in building the firmware, from the link I, then it will be greatly appreciated. As of now, the NETGEAR firmware recovery utility will allow a TFTP to the router I have. Does anyone believe that, if I attempted to build a firmware image from the OpenWRT Kamikaze AP81 branch for upload that this will recover the router? If I could get a non-modified OpenWRT , then I believe that it would be easier to port DD-WRT. BTW, yes I'm asking these similar questions at the OpenWRT forum. The forum is less active for this particular router.
pi2squared
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bumping this thread as it seems to have lost steam.

I recently bought this particular model of router and would love to be able to install DD-WRT on it, and from what I've read here it doesn't sound like it would be out of the question.

Is there anything someone like me with little to no knowledge or experience in router firmware can do to help?
WNR1000Owner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 18:40    Post subject: Bumping Reply with quote
I also have the WNR1000v2 and would love to get dd-wrt on it. Is anobody currently working on this? Please let me know if more info is needed or if there's something I can do to assist...
computer.technician
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have acquired the WNR1000v2-VC V1.0.0.3NA firmware that can be used for recovery of these particular routers which were provided by Comcast. I attempted building the firmware in different Linux environments according to the instructions included with the GPL source code and it ended prematurely with GCC errors. After 3 weeks and 3 tiers of support, I received the firmware from Netgear. It took an "engineer" to provide me with the firmware which none of technical support could provide. This was the most horrible technical support provided by a company that I've ever experienced, especially for such a simple request of wanting the firmware for THEIR GPL source code.

MultiUpload: http://www.multiupload.com/H3GJQCSE65

If you're bored and would like to read what I went through to get this firmware then here's a PDF file of the Support Case log. This doesn't include the couple of weeks of email correspondence while replying daily to NETGEAR technical support.

MultiUpload: http://www.multiupload.com/ZGP1SKLTXW

GENERAL WARNING: NETGEAR or COMCAST has modified the U-boot boot-loader and it will not boot any firmware images above V1.0.0.3 for the WNR1000v2-VC. Hence, the added -VC to the model number. I know this because I was able to modify the header of the firmware image for V1.0.1.1 for upload to the router by way of the manufacturer's firmware upgrade GUI page and it detected a corrupt kernel upon reboot. According to NETGEAR technical support, the router hardware for the WNR1000v2-VC and WNR1000v2 are identical. So, if anyone has the U-Boot boot-loader for the WNR1000v2, then could you share it or retrieve a copy from your router? Also, once I have the U-Boot image then is there a way to change the boot-loader, other than JTAG? I don't believe this unit has the interface after opening and inspecting the PCB. Although, there are some units that do have the JTAG on the PCB, according to a hardware change with FCC ID PY309300122. It appears that it has a serial interface but I haven't used it.
mrfordwrench
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am glad to see someone finally got some input from netgear about this router. I think it is really stupid for netgear to try to not support this router because ComCrap is the provider of the routers. After all it still has "NETGEAR" plastered all over it. If they were not going to provide support they should have let ComCrap put their name all over it.

Great work dude! I hope we can see some ddwrt software for this crappy router in the future. It might actually make it worth using.

mrfordwrench
CompsJP
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
so? whats the deal? we get dd wrt or no hope? i understand we need a uboot thats not comcraps?
Superdos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrfordwrench wrote:
I am glad to see someone finally got some input from netgear about this router. I think it is really stupid for netgear to try to not support this router because ComCrap is the provider of the routers. After all it still has "NETGEAR" plastered all over it. If they were not going to provide support they should have let ComCrap put their name all over it.

Great work dude! I hope we can see some ddwrt software for this crappy router in the future. It might actually make it worth using.

mrfordwrench

I've had the pleasure of setting one of these up for a friend of my mother's, and got the WNR2000v2 that was already there as a thank-you gift. apparently the WNR2k was cutting in and out (not anymore, with DD-WRT :3 ) and Comcast provided this one for free or some junk like that.

So, I set it up, and it surprisingly has been stable, even with a WRT150n as a DD-WRT client bridge upstairs on 802.11n. I've heard no complaints, but it'd be better to have DD-WRT on this router, yes.

The router is usable without DD-WRT, but I'm a nut with this stuff now and it pains me to see routers without this wonderful firmware on it so dearly.
Horizon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:07    Post subject: WNR1000 has two versions WNR1000v2, and WNR1000v2-vc Reply with quote
EDIT 05/06/2012: Both Manuals downloaded from FCC are different, I will link them, and attach them.

I am uncertain of, or if the possibility is even significant, but the WNR1000 may have two versions, BOTH with the same FCC ID. As I am unfamiliar with the FCC prodcedure, I do not know if this is attributed to a necessary resubmission, or if it is indeed because there are two versions:
1) 09/25/2009.
2) 03/04/2010.

The difference:
2)The 03/04/2010 model to the 1)09/25/2009 because of a completely different wafer arangement and cpu on the AR9285-AL1A (03/04.2010), compared to the AR9285-AL1E released (09/25/2009).

Pictures of 1) Retail WNR1000v2 @ http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/PhotoGuy357/WDR1000%20V2%20NOT%20V2vc/ if I need to focus on something in another picture, please say so.

1)Retail WNR1000v2 (03/04/2010)
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=275114&fcc_id='PY309300122'
MANUAL from FCC:(https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1175399)

2)Free WNR1000v2-vc from ISP (09/25/2009). https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?Mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=692527&fcc_id='PY309300122'
MANUAL from FCC:(https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1248425)

I am absolutely unknowing if this is significant, however if I can do anything to get this project moving please let me know. I suppose I can donate this, but am trying to, like all others, get use out of old junk.

Now, I am aware I can help by building a JIAG adapter (http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/JTAG-Adapter) but I am unfamiliar with German wording from some of the critical pieces.

Last edited by Horizon on Mon May 07, 2012 1:31; edited 7 times in total
CompsJP
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
bumping, whats the deal?
Xylos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump
CompsJP
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump, be nice to have a update. i want ipv6 dang it.... no ipv6 on the openwrt that on it... cant really do much with the damn thing.
edit,,,, also comcrap refuses to give me a router up to date with ipv6 support router's.. they need a hammer up there cough...
Flyboy1337
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried recompiling the netgear firmware, so the magic number of the netgear firmware matches the hardware, but no luck.

they seem to compile everything on ubuntu from the middle ages, and can't find all the right packages to get a successful compile.

anyone has the image laying around with the original openwrt devenv?
ex0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm, anyone get this to work? I downloaded it, and flashed it to my netgear router, but when it restarted it still has the original netgear GUI on it.

I checked the FW version of the router, and it says that it is now 1.0.0.3 (it was 1.0.0.12 before, so I know it applied the update)

Does this image not update the GUI to dd-wrt as well?
shadowmaster63
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 15:03    Post subject: Bump! Reply with quote
Bump!
Russian guy are attached to the bump =)
sorry =)
Бамп блин!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: