WRT350N UFS/HFS+ External Hard Drives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Hilbe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 22:04    Post subject: WRT350N UFS/HFS+ External Hard Drives Reply with quote
I am debating purchasing a WRT350N to use at some point with DD-WRT. I know DD-WRT doesn't currently support the USB on this router, but I'll proceed anyway. I am mostly curious if anyone has one of these routers and has some external USB hard drive(s) attached. I am going to be using these drives with my OSX machines. I would like to have the hard drives formatted in either HFS+ or UFS if its possible. I can't seem to find any good documentation on google on what disk formats are supported both on stock Linksys firmware or upcoming DD-WRT betas. Does anyone know what drive formats are supported?
Sponsor
blasme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually the router support only FAT32 I think.

I have this router and I have install the dd-wrt firmware because the basic firmware from linksys doesn't work very well to be honnest, the firware from linksys wasn't working. The DD-WRT is working but without USB port.
So I'm waiting for the support from DD-WRT. I expect there will have a NTFS support but I don't know what support will be done.
malves
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
blasme wrote:
Actually the router support only FAT32 I think.

It will support NTFS with the current Linksys firmware and also supports FAT32 and EXT3. You will need to upgrade the firmware of your WRT350N to Linksys firmware v1.03.2 for it to support NTFS. I am hoping the USB support will soon be available in DD-WRT so that you don't have to use Linksys stock firmware.

blasme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the answer.

Why for the moment dd-wrt just don't take the part of the firmware of linksys for the usb and include it into dd-wrt firmware. And when they will have the time they can make their own support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: