LAN as WAN port on WLI-TX4-G54HP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Buffalo's default IP Address use to be 192.168.11.1 (also, a sniffer may help you)
philwojo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had tried the 192.168.11.1 and that did not work. I am a newbie, so bear with me, but could I use wireshark for the sniffer?

If so, I have only used that on a very limited basis, what would I look for?

Thanks for any help.
philwojo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, I downloaded and ran wireshark, and before I do the nvram stuff I see the Buffalo talking on 192.168.1.1, after I do the nvram for the boardflags and then reboot the Buffalo disappears.

When I am doing this, on the initial setup, I am doing a 30/30/30 on the Buffalo and then logging back in via the GUI, turning on the SSH and that is all. I don't set anything else or change anything else on any other screens in the Buffalo, is this correct, or should I be doing something else before I do the "boardflags" via SSH?

I have two capture files, but not sure if I could attach them here from wireshark.

I appreciate any and all help anyone can provide, again I'm a newbie, but I can usually follow directions for stuff like this pretty well.

Thanks,
Phil
philwojo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any further help from anyone? I have been away on business and I am just getting back to this. I am open to any suggestions anyone may have for me to try.

thanks,
Phil
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Any further help from anyone?

Look, I did my homework sometime ago (everybody is supposed to do his own homework). If the boardflags are giving you trouble, I invite you to research on what those numbers are (hint: each bit means a particular feature, what? your homework). Why? It's not the idea of this forums to post the same thing each time a question arise. That's why the forum rules asks you to search before posting. (By the way, I'm not an administrator, just an active member).
Quote:
I am a newbie, so bear with me

So, If you want to turn your bridge into a router, I wouldn't start changing boardflags (you will understand me if you go further on these values). I would start playing with vlan0 and vlan1 ports, as I did when I did it a year ago, and posted in this thread. That's what I replied you a few posts back. It's not that difficult.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Feliciano, I will do more research, I did search before I posted as well.

My problem is that I can't even get the vlan0 and vlan1 ports as once I chance the boardflags my router essentially disappears and I can no longer talk to it.

I appreciate your help so far and I will take your advice and look further than what I already have and see what I can come up with.
stephan_1975
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi folks,

as I found out it's a problem of configuring vlans over a web browser. As long as you configure the vlans entirely over ssh, the process works absolutely smooth. To configure the bridge as a router with port 4 in the wan, do the following:

1. Add 0x0100 to the boardflags:

Code:

nvram set boardflags="0x3758"
nvram commit
reboot

From now until the end of the configuration process, the router is not accessible anymore over LAN. You need to use WLAN instead!

Start another ssh-session and do the following commands:

Code:

nvram set vlan0_bridged=“1“
nvram set vlan0ports=“1 2 3 5*“
nvram set vlan1ports=“0 4 5“
nvram set wan_default=“vlan1“
nvram set ifnames=“vlan0 eth1“
nvram set lan_ifnames=“vlan0 eth1“
nvram set wan_iface=“vlan1“
nvram set wan_ifname=“vlan1“
nvram set wan_ifname2=“vlan1“
nvram set vlan1_bridged=“1“
nvram commit
reboot

Now, ports 1, 2, 3 and WLAN are configured to LAN and bridged to the WAN. The router is accessible again over LAN and using the configuration one may enter in the WAN section of the web configuration on port 4 to access the internet.

As a help, I attach my nvram backup to this post.

Best regards

Stephan
Laughing [/b][/code]

nvrambak.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nvrambak.bin
 Filesize:  20.66 KB
 Downloaded:  307 Time(s)

nvrambak.bin
 Description:
nvram backup using port 4 for wan access

Download
 Filename:  nvrambak.bin
 Filesize:  20.66 KB
 Downloaded:  318 Time(s)

Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: