PPPoE and mppe problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
iz3had
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 18:10    Post subject: PPPoE and mppe problem Reply with quote
Hy,
i set up a network as this:

-- = ethernet
.. = wireless

internet--router dsl--server PPPoE--AP..client (Linksys WRT54G/GL)

All my client had dd-wrt v23 SP2 generic special.
I'd like to encrypt the traffic beetwen the client and the ap, but wep or wpa aren't a suitable solution for my network. I buy special version of dd-wrt with pppoe-relay, and, with a PPPoE connection started on a windows or linux client, it works perfectly (it act as a pppoe-relay).
Now, the problem is that i'd like to have the ap client (dd-wrt) that authenticate itself, without pc client request, so i set wireless client to main ap, pppoe on dd-wrt, and it works, but without encryption!
If i set on my server "mppe required", dd-wrt are unable to authenticate, becouse on /tmp/ppp/options.pppoe there are a directive as "nomppe". It seems to not be possible to modify (except for service, username, password and mtu) the default configuration of the pppoe client on dd-wrt. How can i do this permanently?

I'd like to power on the client (Linksys with dd-wrt special), it associates to the wireless network (already works perfectly) and authenticate itself (still not possible becouse the network require mppe 128 encryption).

Thanks in advance

73 de IZ3HAD
Sponsor
iz3had
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
No one?
Is there anyone who had the same problem?
What can I add on Admin/Command/Startup to made the link with PPPoE and mppe-128?
iz3had
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to reverse the firmware with the dd-wrt-modification-kit, but i'm unable to found where the /tmp/ppp/options.pppoe was generated. I found any info about the ppptp, but it's not on my interest. What can i insert on "Administration/Commands/Boot" to change the mppe connection mode that PPPoE uses? Or, in a second moment, how can i provide a little box on "Setup/Main" where the user can put the mppe mode?

It seems that this post is not as interest as I expected....no one are interested on pppoe authentication via wireless with encrypted data? In this way you can forgot wep/wpa!
It's ideal for the RadioHAM (as me) who had (by local law) to use only "clear" data (=no wep/wpa), but can encrypt later on upper layer.

Brainslayer, no hint? Please...
iz3had
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm thinking of I putted my 20€'s on the trash can...

I thought became a customer (aka active sustainer of dd-wrt project) give's me some more "privileges", such as a little support, but I was in wrong...I think I will seek the solutions to my question on some other project.
Sorry to waste your time to read this posts.

Bye
iz3had
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Solved!
See http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10133
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: