No-IP ddns claims it is updating, but no-ip says it isn't?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
zelbinion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 17:24    Post subject: No-IP ddns claims it is updating, but no-ip says it isn't? Reply with quote
I have Netgear WGR614v8 with dd-wrt build 14929 on it. I have setup ddns with no-ip as the provider. When I set things up initially several months ago, no-ip was updated with my IP. Some time later, I got a message from no-ip that says my account is going to be disabled due to inactivity. I had dd-wrt set to force refresh every 10 days, and I have NTP set up (so the time is accurate) and I have the router configured to reboot once a week. There are no errors in the logs, and all I get are messages that the ip hasn't changed, so an update is not necessary. When I changed the force update frequency to 5 days, the log on the router reported that it was able to update no-ip successfully, but when I log into no-ip's webpage with the same login name/password, it does not show a current update. I have verified the hostname, login, and password, and everything seems correct within dd-wrt, and dd-wrt reports success, but no-ip still says I haven't updated in over 30 days. Any idea what's going on? Anyone else having this problem?

BTW: I have the same dd-wrt build on a linksys wrt-54g v3 router at another location using an account with dyndns.org, and it works fine, but I'm at my 2-host limit with dyndns, which is why I went with no-ip.
Sponsor
rseiler
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you ever get this resolved?
zelbinion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
rseiler wrote:
Did you ever get this resolved?

Not really. I wound up opening a new account with dyn-dns under a different e-mail address. That violates their terms of service, but the three routers I maintain that update dyn-dns are in three different cities, so I'm not sure how they'd know. It works fine with dyn-dns. I gave up on no-ip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: