Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
Rataplan626
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jonny_doe wrote:
Rataplan626 wrote:
schufti wrote:
all orig Netgear fw can be found here

That link is not working for me

Put the link in a ftp program , like flashfxp , etc. , it works fine then ..

I know that Smile However it was down from here (NL) but up and running again.
Sponsor
erousev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 17:54    Post subject: Re: latest build bricks device Reply with quote
I ran into the same issue with 16994 and had to run the same steps to unbrick the router. I have a 3700 v2. I'd stay away from the 16994 build.

ojoeri wrote:
The latest build (16994) bricks the device.

I have tried:

flash wndr3700-factory.img (16994) through stock firmware
brick , then i tftp'd wndr3700-factory.img (16785) which works.

Then I tried wndr3700-webflash.bin (16994) through webinterface, same result(brick)

Then I tried wndr3700-factory.bin (16994) through tftp, same result(brick)

Went back to wndr3700-factory.img (16785) through tftp for now.

I have a WNDR3700 (not v2)

When it bricked I got powerlight, ethernetlights, but no WLAN lights for a few seconds (~10-60) then the led most to the right for about the same time then back to power,eth....

To tftp I had to hold the reset button then power on the device and hold the reset for 30sec which made the powerlight blink rapidly and I could tftp to 192.168.1.1 with the new firmware.
(Could not upload any other way, and it took me a while to figure this out)

Is there anything I have missed? I have followd the instructions on the WIKI (30-30-30 etc..).

A warning on the wiki for this version might be a good idea until this has been sorted out.
sathanas65
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:21    Post subject: 2 WNDR3700 routers in wireless bridge Reply with quote
Hello all. I have 2 new WNDR3700 routers configured in a wireless LAN bridge. The host has stock firmware. The client has DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std. My internet is stable and I have the host cranked up to 300Mbs. Any idea why file transfers are moving at around 10Mbs? I bought these routers for their bandwidth, but I can't seem to take advantage of it. I am using a laptop with a wireless N card connected at 65Mbs. The wireless bridge signal strength is around 30%, which sucks since 2 identical routers are connecting over a relatively short distance of maybe 20 feet through 1 floor and 1 wall. The PC with the file I am trying to transfer is connected to the client via gigabit LAN. 20+ min to move 700MB file seems nuts. The old WRT54Gs were faster in the same config. What gives?
Ezaum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 18:14    Post subject: Re: 2 WNDR3700 routers in wireless bridge Reply with quote
sathanas65 wrote:
Hello all. I have 2 new WNDR3700 routers configured in a wireless LAN bridge. The host has stock firmware. The client has DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std. My internet is stable and I have the host cranked up to 300Mbs. Any idea why file transfers are moving at around 10Mbs? I bought these routers for their bandwidth, but I can't seem to take advantage of it. I am using a laptop with a wireless N card connected at 65Mbs. The wireless bridge signal strength is around 30%, which sucks since 2 identical routers are connecting over a relatively short distance of maybe 20 feet through 1 floor and 1 wall. The PC with the file I am trying to transfer is connected to the client via gigabit LAN. 20+ min to move 700MB file seems nuts. The old WRT54Gs were faster in the same config. What gives?

Upgrade your routers to build 16214 or 16454 at least. Don't forget to configure your wifi with AES and follow the atheros configuration recommended on the wiki for this router (its also shown on someone's signature through this thread).

Don't forget that using bridge will halve your maximum bandwidth but currently that would provide you with at least 6 MB/s (50 Mbps).
AluminumHaste
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
So the latest firmware causes my router to get stuck in a reboot loop. Tried webflash and TFTP, even going so far as to TFTP back to the original Netgear FW, then doing the 30/30/30 reset and upgrading to the latest (ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/05-08-11-r16994/netgear-wndr3700/wndr3700-factory_NA.img) but same issue.

After installing the latest FW, the router will boot up, the the power light will go out and the WPS light will do solid green for 30 seconds, then the computer will show Network Cable Unplugged, then the router reboots and it does this over and over again.

I finally went back to 16454 at the suggestion of a co-worker who has the same router and that is working now. Man what a waste of an hour and a half.
henning-dd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 17:06    Post subject: Unstable 5GHz connection with 16454 Reply with quote
I went for 16454 on my WNDR3700 (v1), as I got the same reboot loop with the latest version as AluminiumHaste.

Now with 16454, my 5GHz connection is weak and unstable. If I manage to get a connection, it breaks down after a couple of minutes or so. Most of the time, the 5GHz AP just vanishes after some time from client lists. Signal is stated poor by Windows Client, at 4 meters distance.

I have set all Atheros settings as recommended on http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Atheros/ath_wireless_settings

I have configured ath0 (2.4 GHz) to Client Mode, the ath1 5GHz works as an AP.

Ideas anyone?
WizkidNiels
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello!

Quick question here, since this isn't possible on Stock-firmware.

Is it possible to completely block all traffic to a port, except for one specific IP? Reason being, I have a forwarded port, but only one IP address is required to address it. I don't want others to be able to reach this port.

Thanks in advance,

- Niels
Polydactyl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
henning-dd wrote:
Ideas anyone?

The wiki is kind of vague on some settings, since it's not targeted to a specific router.

Have you tried setting Wireless Network Mode as "N Only?" (if that's an option for your all your 5GHz network devices)

Set both send/receive antenna chains to 1+2. I read somewhere (possibly this thread) the 3700 V1 doesn't have a 3rd antenna chain, and it can cause problems if you enable one of the options with antenna chain 3.

Also, I had to experiment with the channel settings before my connection bumped up to 300. Channel 149 worked the best for me, but I'm sure it's largely dependent on the signal noise in your area.

Router has been up for 12 days, no hiccups, signal holding at 300mpbs with occasional drops to 270. It's possible to get it working with 16454.

Good luck.
henning-dd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used N-Only and 1+2 already. I will try different channels thanks for the tip.

However that does not explain why the 5GHz AP is so unstable and breaks down every few minutes.
Rataplan626
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
new release: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/06-14-11-r17201/netgear-wndr3700/

Not trying it myself anymore though, switched back to stock since it supports port-translation in the last release.
zorkmta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rataplan626 wrote:
new release: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/06-14-11-r17201/netgear-wndr3700/

Not trying it myself anymore though, switched back to stock since it supports port-translation in the last release.

Any good change for wndr3700?
Rataplan626
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
zorkmta wrote:
Rataplan626 wrote:

Any good change for wndr3700?

as said I'm not trying it anymore but still closely watching progression on DD-WRT. Changes can be seen at http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/timeline
travanx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cant find the place to change the post order, so I can't see the last 3 pages.

I just got a refurb 3700 today from tigerdirect, which is a v1. Flashed the file from the WIKI, but that bricked the router. So I tehn TFTP'd the netgear firmware and used the one from the router recommendation flash on the homepage. Did that and tried to upgrade and it would still brick. I then TFTPd the stock again and tried flashing the recommended and then updated to 16454 and it bricked. So then I TFTPd the stock again, and tried just updating straight to the 16454 IMG file and it worked. This took about 3 hours as its been a long time since I was using tomato on my WRT54G set of routers.

So in the end I am glad I was able to figure out how to get 16454 on the new router without destroying anything. I can't wait to get the rest of my network setup as I just moved into a loft and this is the first time I am not sharing or accommodating anyone, except my fiance.

I think the WIKI should be updated to the non problem versions of the firmwares, as it sounds like the newer versions have issues.
freesafety13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
travanx wrote:
I cant find the place to change the post order, so I can't see the last 3 pages.

I just got a refurb 3700 today from tigerdirect, which is a v1. Flashed the file from the WIKI, but that bricked the router. So I tehn TFTP'd the netgear firmware and used the one from the router recommendation flash on the homepage. Did that and tried to upgrade and it would still brick. I then TFTPd the stock again and tried flashing the recommended and then updated to 16454 and it bricked. So then I TFTPd the stock again, and tried just updating straight to the 16454 IMG file and it worked. This took about 3 hours as its been a long time since I was using tomato on my WRT54G set of routers.

So in the end I am glad I was able to figure out how to get 16454 on the new router without destroying anything. I can't wait to get the rest of my network setup as I just moved into a loft and this is the first time I am not sharing or accommodating anyone, except my fiance.

I think the WIKI should be updated to the non problem versions of the firmwares, as it sounds like the newer versions have issues.

why don't you just tftp -i the dd-wrt firmware? btw, i've had no issues with the new firmware's
travanx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I might give that a try when I have some more free time. But the whole point of my post was that I can only flash up to the 16454 version through the stock firmware upgrade prompt or through the DD-WRT upgrade prompt. Anything newer bricks the router.

I am not the only one having this issue as there are a few threads of other v1 routers with the same problem getting the newest firmwares to flash without bricking.

If just tftp -i the dd-wrt firmware is the fix for this, that should definitely be in the wiki, as the current method in the wiki doesn't work for everyone with the new firmwares that are linked.

BTW I didn't realize to put the posts in newest order first was in the bottom of the thread area, not in the profile settings, just in case anyone else is blind like me to simple forum usage.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 227, 228, 229  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 213 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: