Buffalo WHR-G301N & ipv6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
farcus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:59    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-G301N & ipv6 Reply with quote
I have a Buffalo WHR-G301N http://buffalo.jp/products/catalog/network/whr-g301n/
It is essentially the Japanese version of the WHR-G300NV2

I have installed DD-WRT onto the unit without problem and it works very well.
I followed the instructions from here to get and install
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WHR-G300N_V2
and used firmware version V24 pre-sp2 05-08-11-r16994

ON the original Buffalo Japanese firmware there was an option for IPv6 passthrough which I require for Hikari TV (an IPTV based system).
I can't seem to find any such option in DD-WRT.
I can see it is available in DD-WRT standard but not for the Brainslayer Buffalo Multi version.

Any suggestions on how I can get IPv6 Passthrough going?
Sponsor
farcus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump
anybody have any idea? Currently using as paperweight.
If unable to resolve ipv6 issue will need to revert to buffalo firmware.
farcus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump again
Megamike55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought the same device and am looking to use it in the same way (DD-WRT & hikari tv) - did you ever discover a solution to this?
waruta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
This post by my buddy may help:

http://www.japanmobiletech.com/2012/07/installing-dd-wrt-firmware-on-japanese.html

I didn't see an increase in speed or reliability between the JP Firmware and DD-Wrt, but it was still nice to be able to customize everything.
henrodon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:13    Post subject: Suddenly only one machine works on my network Reply with quote
Boy, am I glad to find this forum, because I'm soooo lost!

About a year or so ago I bought a Buffalo AirStation Nfiniti whr-g301n. (I live in Japan). My wife and I set it up (I can't read Japanese and the installation software is in Japanese) and it worked fine from the get-go. Gradually we've added a gaggle of linux, XP, Win 7, android, and iOS devices to it and they all worked fine. A wireless HP printer too.

One night, some of the devices stopped working, but they were fine the next day. Then, two nights ago, all the iOS devices and the Nexus 7 stopped working. I tried all the usual things, powercycling the modem, then re-installing and resetting the router with the power button. Gradually I've lost MORE machines so that now only the main computer I used to set up the modem is working. (Dual boot Win 7 and Xubuntu.)

Can any of you you please suggest how I can proceed? I'm moderately competent with computers, but totally lost with this problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: