EnGenius 9850

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
JDickiez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well i ask last time. so can someone else send a message and ask, what's going on?

Contact here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/contact
Sponsor
Schwarzie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
JDickiez wrote:
Well i ask last time. so can someone else send a message and ask, what's going on?

Contact here
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/contact

I send a message where i also complained that i, up to this day, never recieved a confirmation from these guys that the unit actually reached them. (just through someone else here in this thread).

Its now more then three month without ANY official word.
Kroligoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am saddened, too Crying or Very sad

DD-WRT Guru, please to do
Schwarzie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats the answer i got:

Quote:
Hi,

we can not give any time schedule right now. Note even if our developers have the unit on its desc, this doesn't guarantee they will get dd-wrt up and running.

Greetings
Markus
Moogle Stiltzkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Schwarzie-

Did they even confirm they received your unit ? Confused
Schwarzie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope, but someone else earlyer in this thread asked this and got a direct confirmation for this. I just think that its strange that i dont get such a confirmation since i was the one sending the unit.
chateau
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
we can not give any time schedule right now. Note even if our developers have the unit on its desc, this doesn't guarantee they will get dd-wrt up and running.

Since I proved some time ago that DD-WRT will install and run on the ESR-9850 (but with no support for the WAN or gigabit LAN) there probably is some underlying reason they have not been in a hurry to do a release for the ESR-9850. This is only my opinion and is not based on any information.

The ESR-9850 is really rock solid using factory firmware if you don't need all the extra DD-WRT features.
JDickiez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash, seem so thrilled about getting the Router earlier in the Forum, now he has the Router and doesn't even care now. What happened?Crying or Very sad

Last edited by JDickiez on Sun Jun 12, 2011 19:49; edited 1 time in total
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe the router is Fucked Up Beyond Recognition. Smile

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations

Quote:

Please keep in mind that sending hardware is a one way ticket - in most cases we have to open the device an make some hardware modifications, sometimes the unit get's damaged.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Borage wrote:
Maybe the router is Fucked Up Beyond Recognition. Smile

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations

Quote:

Please keep in mind that sending hardware is a one way ticket - in most cases we have to open the device an make some hardware modifications, sometimes the unit get's damaged.

I doubt it, the router is most likely collecting dust in a dark corner of the NewMedia-Net's office together with other routers that has been donated but not attended to.
It's not like this is the first time Sash is asking for and getting a community donated router without checking that someone has time to do the porting of dd-wrt.

If the user community is responsive to a donate request then the least you can ask for from a developer is that he is decent enough to acknowledge the receipt and intends to do a dd-wrt porting in the very near future.

I see a clear connection between the difficulty of getting a router donated and the way NewMedia-Net treats the people doing the donation..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
People here don't mind the delay. But what we do mind, is some people who took the initiative to donate out of their own pocket, without any courtesy to confirm/deny receipt of said item.

This makes people want to donate somemore don't it Rolling Eyes

Not trying to rush them, or bully them to release a dd-wrt, but a little common courtesy to donators wouldn't hurt :/ otherwise just return said item.
jwbaynham
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright I sent another PM to Sash yesterday. I haven't heard anything back yet. Is there an official way to inquire about the status of a project? I'm not even seeing this router on the "in progress" status in the router database. At this point I'd be interested in finding a way to get an official word from DD-WRT just saying "yes" "no" or "go to hell"...any news would be good.
Moogle Stiltzkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've bought a new replacement router, the Linksys E4200 a broadcom cpu based router. I installed Victek's Tomato RAF firmware and setup qos etc Smile

I still think the esr9850 is good especially for it's price, sadly the qos is no where near as good as say Tomato.

Also i found that the ESR9850 router has loopback issue, so if your a web host like myself, it would be an issue to view your own website from your own connection.

On the otherhand, the E4200 with Tomato firmware, the loopback for my website hosted on my lan, works fine without issue.

Maybe ddwrt would fix it's shortcomings, but since there is lack of updates, well ... i've moved on.

The Linksys E4200 is roughly the same in terms of performance, maybe even slightly better, and especially good in wireless (except these antennas are inbuilt, unlike the esr9850, but since i don't use custom antenna this doesn't bother me).

You can see my E4200 Linksys Tomato router in action on my site
http://mognet.no-ip.info/2011/06/my-spanky-new-linksys-e4200-router-with-tomato-firmware/

Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:46; edited 2 times in total
JDickiez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 21:56    Post subject: ESR9850 Reply with quote
Does anyone know how to send this thread to the top of Senao Devices forum? so, they can see that this thread is not dead. Evil or Very Mad
Kroligoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
ENGENIUS release new fw 2.1
http://www.engeniustech.com.sg/files/firmware/ESR9850_FWv2.1.0.zip

New Features
􀁺 Support WOL (Wake on LAN).
􀁺 Support Wireless on/off with schedule.
􀁺 Support Clone MAC on all WAN types.

=====================

I changed stock fw 2.1 for run telnet
http://www.onlinedisk.ru/file/692537/

now, utelnet started only for br0 (lan+wifi) interface,but not for WAN
and used port 25 for many secured

example: telnet 192.168.xx.1 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 17
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: