OpenVPN Interface bug ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
Senord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:14    Post subject: OpenVPN Interface bug ? Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm trying to use OpenVPN daemon (WAN Up/config file), but something is not working with the webUI.

I can't save my whole configuration as 'CA cert' clean up itself after few textbox filled.

I didn't test every single possibilities but with :
CA + PSC + PSK
CA + PSC + PSK + DH PEM
CA + PSC + DH PEM + AC + TLSAuth
CA + PSC + AC + TLSAuth + DH PEM
CA + PSC + AC + TLSAuth + PSK

...CA content disappear

I saved all my configuration except CA Cert. Using SSH, I built ca.crt and launched OpenVPN (still with SSH), it worked.

So the only issue here is I can't have OpenVPN working without having a SSH session with manual fill and launch. At every launch CA Cert is empty so OpenVPN can't start automaticaly.

Is this a bug ?
Should I wait the next version or is there something to do ?

Thanks,
senord
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
You left out the most basic info of what build you're using. Sash has been doing lots of work on OpenVPN for the past half year or so and pretty much every build has had changes.
Senord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
oops Embarassed

I'm using the 'dd-wrt.v24-16994_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn' and I also try with the previous one 'dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn' but same behaviour/results.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yup, I got the same problem.

version => DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) vpn (SVN revision 14896)
gui style => elegant

After filling out all the required fields and applying, the CA cert field is cleared. Then I go to /tmp/openvpn, and the ca.crt file is missing.

About the skin ("gui style"):

Some might find it silly that I have mentioned the skin I use. It's actually important, because some skins break functionality, and fail to show information or buttons.

EDIT:
I found the problem. NVRAM seems to be very tight on space, and when you blow the limit, CA Cert fails to get set. Very tricky to solve. I only got the idea upon discovering this unrelated [url="https://secure.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Useful_Scripts#Compress_the_Firewall_Script_.28to_reduce_nvram_usage.29"]script to compress firewall scripts[/url]. I removed some bulky unneeded nvram variables, and removed all comments from the openvpn script to conserve space. Now the "CA Cert" field saves.

This nvram problem must really drive people nuts in various situations because no meaningful error is given to GUI users. How would they know?
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: