Ushare - Can't Find br0 issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
poohpoohguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 16:09    Post subject: Ushare - Can't Find br0 issue Reply with quote
Hi all,

i followed the below mentioned guide to setup the ushare server, however, when i try to run it, it gives error message, "cant find br0". I did search the forum with the relevant error message and ushare, but the search function isn't that helpful, it only gives the whole link of the thread, but it doesnt specify where the actual thread/post is.

i also have tried other interface such eth0, eth1, lo, etc ... but i still can't it to work.

Router: Asus RT-N16
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) big
(SVN revision 15962)

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Ushare_uPnP_media_server
Sponsor
frater
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a problem with the way an application can get the interfaces on DD-WRT K26.
Kong has modded firmware with a patched if.h which will solve this. Somehow the Dev does NOT want to implement it. I haven't investigated it enough to say he's right / not right.

If you want ushare to work you may consider to use these patched versions.

Asterisk, pixelserv & Pound running on router
Another Asus RT16N as WDS-bridge

DD-WRT v24-sp2 vpn (c) 2010 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 12/16/10 (SVN revision: 15758M)
Zew
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have had the same issue now for a while, and have gotten the same response. bkmo replies from my thread "Do some searching, but I think that the media servers are not working on the K26 kernel. Try "kong mod" dd-wrt firmware. It works on the RT-N16 and it has a version with miniDLNA server built into the gui." If someone could link a tut to kong mods fw. Or even the files required for flashing. I would much appreciate it thanks!

.... did some google searching and found this hop it helps...
http://www.myopenrouter.com/forum/thread/21251/Update-DD-WRT-Kong-Mod-USB-FTP-SAMBA3-MINIDLNA/
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to clarify this. The problem with ushare and some other optware packages is the following.

DD-WRT has patched it's toolchain e.g. if.h has a different ifreq structure, it adds:

struct {
unsigned short weight;
char slave[IFNAMSIZ];
} ifru_weight;

Now if an application, that was build with a non dd-wrt toolchain (optware packages from external ressources), queries the network interfaces it will get a pointer to a structure where it can read the approrpiate vars like struct sockaddr ifru_addr;

Since this structure is not __packed__ gcc can add some padding for alignment, that results in different positions where the actual values are located in memory.

Descriptive:

You have a cupboard with 4 drawers. You have a blind person that knows the position of each drawer, you add another drawer to the top, this still does not cause a problem, the blind still has the correct positions for the 4 of them, he just doesn't know about the fifth, but the dude you added the 5th on top decided to add space between the 2nd and 3rd drawer to make it look nicer, nobody told him not to do this:-)

Now the blind will not grab the right contents.

P.S.:For my builds I to create my own toolchain (with newer uClibc) that includes the patches from the dd-wrt. The standard dd-wrt toolchain uses an older uClibc that does not include the neccessary functions needed by minidlna.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Damn, wish i would have seen this about a week ago! Spent days searching and trying new start up scripts to get my USB flash drive and NTFS 1TB to get detected and mount /opt properly on boot. (belkin sharemax w/ 2x USB) kong mod just works out of the box! No messy scripts and DLNA support, holler!
chune
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
kong you the man!! Just flashed your latest build to my belkin sharemax. Think works greaaaat for separate USB /opt and 1TB NTFS NAS all hooked to my google tv through DLNA =)
bwolff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
is kong's version compatible with Asus RT-N13U B1?
hadikh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:34    Post subject: what are the patched files? Reply with quote
bwolff wrote:
is kong's version compatible with Asus RT-N13U B1?

No its not compatible.
@<Kong> is it possible to apply this patch to another build? Is there a script or document I can follow if I were to customize amitg0123's firmware to include this?
justin0469
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
So this issue is about 18 months old. I have an E3000 with V24sp2 and I'm experiencing this problem - "can't find br0"

Anyone able to help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: