Requirement to build wireless bridged n/w for 60 developers

paul_xedos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 16:18    Post subject: Requirement to build wireless bridged n/w for 60 developers Reply with quote
Hi,
I am currently using DD-WRT v23 SP2 for my employer- connecting two floors wirelessly with the top floor running in client mode and bridging the wireless network to Cisco Cat switches so that to the end users (all developers) the network appears as a normal wired network. Phyiscal and political reasons prevent wired cabling between floors in case you're wondering. The big chiefs are hugely impressed with what 4 wrt54gs's can do (there's 4 as I have 2 on each floor serving the same SSID on two different channels). Anyway, I have been asked to beef up the network to industrial strength to cater for 60 java developers and have a reasonable sized budget to order hardware that offers both speed and resiliance. The only requirement I have is that the hardware runs DD-WRT.

The question is should I be going for multiple pairs of Avila Gateworks, or X86 hardware or lots of buffalos and channel bond them all (I'm assuming channel bonding is for agregating the channels in to one big network). Also any other tips on the best way to go about this in terms of design, settings etc

I won't mention the companies name this early but it is something of a blue-chip household name that frequently appears in the computing press for its usage of open source products. I feel that getting an implementation like this right could be a great case study in the scalability of DD-WRT so any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Paul
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: