Chillispot UAMAllowed - Needing 15+ Pass throughs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
WiFiTech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 18:39    Post subject: Chillispot UAMAllowed - Needing 15+ Pass throughs Reply with quote
I am using the dd-wrt .v23 sp1 generic on a WHR-HP-G54 as a Hotspot only, it works very well just needs an occasional reboot. We have a RADIUS solution and use the Chillispot Portal to authenticate. I tried to find the proper way to place 15+ uamallowed domains/ips into the uamallowed field as well as, use the chillispot options. But the searching the forum has not produced a solution that I am able to get to work. Some of the domains are sub-domains so I am unsure if using linksynergy.com allows click.linksynergy.com to function or not. There are only so many characters allowed in the UAMAllowed field so placing all variations is not possible. Also using the UAMAllowed statment in the chillispot Options field is causing the Red DIAG Light to stay on after saving and rebooting. I am thinking that some of the ips may not be resolving. Would appreciate some insight, as I have walked away and come back twice now... with no better prospective. Thanks.
54mbps Wireless Network
3MB MP3 from a guy with dial up
Still means a 45 minute wait.
Sponsor
jbarbeau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 21:50    Post subject: Did you find a solution? Reply with quote
I am trying to use the UAMallowed = ...... in the Chillispot options field too. I don't know if I have something else missing, but haven't got it to work yet. Have you got Chillispot working with multiple Whitelisted URLs?
sophana
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
have you tried :
uamallowed=google.com,yahoo.com

you should be able to use multiple lines.

WiFiTech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 18:28    Post subject: uamallowed domain.com,ipaddress,ipsubnet/netmask Reply with quote
Okay, here is what I have working:
uamallowed www.domain.com,111.222.333.444,1.2.3.4/28
then you can repeat the command when you get to the character limit (unsure of exact number)

54mbps Wireless Network
3MB MP3 from a guy with dial up
Still means a 45 minute wait.
HubbaDubba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can edit the nvram through an ssh session:

the command "nvram show" will list all values configured through the web interface and then some.

nvram chilli_uamallowed=64.X.X.X,65.X.X.X etc etc

then

nvram commit to save the changes. Not sure if reboot is required to reload the values.

will set the variable as you want it. I think you may need to through some "/" line breaks in there, but maybe not- I got this to work once. Good luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: