Compex Wireless Access Point WP54 1B

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
Simonatsg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:44    Post subject: Compex Wireless Access Point WP54 1B Reply with quote
Compex WP54 1B wireless access point is for open source

http://compex.com.sg/home/OEM/Open_wrt.htm
Sponsor
indianboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am aware of it and i am also working on WP54
henla464
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 23:35    Post subject: bricked mine...someone please help Reply with quote
Hello!

I bricked my Compex wp54g when trying to flash it with a newer compex firmware.

I don't have the CD that I have read comes with the AP. Does anyone have this cd? If so could you please send the programs/files on it to me? (laselase _a_t_ gmail.com)

I have tried flashing it with the three different firmwares I found on compex website. I did this by holding down the reset button when powering it on and then use tftp to transfer the image to the AP. It all seems to work... before transfering it answers to ping, after transfer the diag light is steady lit for a while before it starts flashing slowly.

After reboot however I cant reach it. The LAN1, WAN, POWER and WIRELESS lights are all lit. It answeres to ping but I can't access the web GUI. (Also tried to telnet and to transfer a file through tftp but it doesn't answer.)

Desperately looking for solutions, alll suggestions are welcome...

/henrik
indianboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the reboot documentation at either compex website or else at rhe redboot website.

You must have done something wrong with the bootloader or tie firmware.

I would advice you to clean start. I have faced such problem and it was resolved.
henla464
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know what I did but suddenly the web ui was there...

I then faced another problem...something happened that made it lose contact with the wlan mini pci card. Resulting in errors in the web ui. Removing the wlan mini-pci and then putting it back again sorted it out.

/henrik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: