DD-WRT Client mode Won’t work on DD-WRT AP!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Weimar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 0:27    Post subject: DD-WRT Client mode Won’t work on DD-WRT AP!! Reply with quote
Hi.
I have a problem getting my Buffalo WHR-HP-54G (with DD-WRT v/23 sp.2) to connect up to my WRT54G (with DD-WRT v/23 sp.2) as a client!! Sad

I have configured the WRT54G as an AP and the Buffalo WHR-HP-54 as a Client and it won’t work! But if I configure the Buffalo as a Client-bright it works very well. Very Happy

I have a WAP54G with MUSTDIE firmware that also runs as an AP, and here I have no problem connecting the Buffalo in Client mode. Cool

So my question is: is there a bug in the DD-WRT v/23 sp.2 firmware that will not allow the AP mode and Client mode to play together or is it because of different hardware??? Confused

Regards
Tommy
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is no bug. you have configured your client wrong.
i think your ap has the lan address has the 192.168.1.1
and i think your client has the same lan ip or another ip in 192.168.1.xxx range
this will not work. the lan network behind the client must be a separated subnet. otherwise the routing/natting will not work.

so configure it to 192.168.2.1 for example and all will work fine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
It’s not the routing/natting I have any problem with, it's the radio conection in Client mode on the Buffalo to the AP witch is a WRT54G.
The AP's IP is 192.168.10.10 the client WAN Fixt IP is 192.168.10.30 and the LAN's IP is 192.168.11.209 and the DHCP is running from 192.168.11.100 to 192.168.11.150, and as I said it connect fine whit the WAP54G with the MUSTDIE firmware, no problem here!!
It is like that: If I have the Buffalo (with DD-WRT Firmware) in Client-Bridge mode, and I go to Wlan status I can eider see its connected to the AP (WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware) or I click the “Site Survey” and I can see the AP an I then press join and I am online.
If I then switch the Buffalo (with DD-WRT Firmware) to Client mode, and I go to Wlan status I can't see the AP (WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware) then I click the “Site Survey” and I can see the AP an I then press join and then it will join for maybe 3 sec. and then fall off, and yes they have the same WEP key and MAC is disabled and SSID is broadcasted so I can find the AP.
Regards
Tommy

DD-wrt Client.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DD-wrt Client.doc
 Filesize:  352.5 KB
 Downloaded:  961 Time(s)

DD-WRT Client Bridge.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DD-WRT Client Bridge.doc
 Filesize:  339 KB
 Downloaded:  871 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: