2 separate networks (wireless guest and corporate lan)

tonym
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 23:09    Post subject: 2 separate networks (wireless guest and corporate lan) Reply with quote
I have a linksys wrt400 which i successfully installed dd-wrt on. This linksys connects to a netscreen 5 GT via one of the LAN ports. The NS 5 GT is connected to the Internet. Behind the NS 5 I have the corporate LAN wiht IP range of 192.168.75.0/24 with a DHCP server sitting on that network. I would like to create a guest wireless network on a different subnet, say 192.168.100.0/24 so that the 2 networks cannot pass traffic to each other but both need to access the internet. I've followed the articles on "separate lan and wlan" and the "Wireless Access Point" but I'm unable to get traffic from my wireless clients to the internet. The only firewall commands I added from the first article are these as I'm not sure which ones are really needed.:
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

Any help is appreciated. thanks
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use the firewall commands that say they're for WAP's as the guide instructs.
tonym
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I added the following 2 commands and still no luck. My WAN port is disabled and the uplink to my NS 5 is plugged into port 1 of my linksys. the light is on.

iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -d `nvram get lan_ipaddr`/`nvram get lan_netmask` -m state --state NEW -j DROP

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to `nvram get lan_ipaddr`

in basic setup, which IP address do i enter for gateway and DNS? I've tried the private IP of the NS and teh Public IP of the NS. Sorry just confused!
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Allow br1 access to br0, the WAN, and any other subnets (required if SPI firewall is on)

iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

ie. if you haven't disabled the SPI firewall then you're missing those rules.

Your gateway/DNS IP should be whatever it is that DHCP clients connected to the main router get in their lease.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: