WRT54G Routing - Not working as expected

rraehal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 18:45    Post subject: WRT54G Routing - Not working as expected Reply with quote
I have a WRT54G v2.2 Router. I am using the DD-WRT Firmware "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/02/09) std - build 13064M VINT Eko"

I have set up the router with the IP 10.208.132.11/24 to mimic an work netwrok. I created vlan 2 with the address 10.208.135.1/25 to mimic a work network.

I can ping either gateway address from computers on either vlan. vlan0 = 10.208.132.x, vlan1 = wan, vlan2 = 10.208.135.x I also have internet access from either (v)lan.

I can not ping between the networks. I want to set up a test AD so I can work on changing some settings before I place them on my production WAN.

Is this possible?

I reset the router to defaults, upgrading to this build, reset again. I then changed the password, IP and Wireless Info. I then set up the vlan. no other changes have been made to the router from defaults.

Startup:
Code:

nvram set vlan2ports=4
ifconfig vlan2 10.208.135.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 10.208.135.255
ifconfig vlan2 up

Firewall Startup:
Code:

iptables -I INPUT -i vlan2 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i vlan2 -o vlan1 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o vlan2 -j logdrop

I have tried various IPTABLE settings without luck.

For example I added this with no results:
iptables -I FORWARD -i vlan2 -o vlan0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i vlan0 -o vlan2 -j ACCEPT
Sponsor
rraehal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have still been unable to get this to work right. I did notice a few typos in my original post.

router = 10.208.132.1/24
vlan 2 = 10.208.135.1/24

I can still only get access to the Internet from vlan2. I can not access the vlan0 or vlan2 for two way traffic.

I currently have the SPI firewall setting to off. I have reset the router again and set things up from scratch a third time.

I am using telnet to create the vlan and set its ip address. My startup script has shorted to just the ifconfig line to set up the vlan2 address.

The firewall script still has the same iptables commands.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use the GUI to create the VLAN and assign its IP addressso that you won't need any iptables commands to allow them to communicate, only if you want to restrict them. You will need to either disable software firewalls on all the hosts or configure them to allow traffic from the other subnet before they will be able to communicate.
rraehal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your suggestion.

I reset the router again. I configured the vlan2 using the web interface and then assigned the IP using the web interface. I had to bridge vlan2 to the LAN and then I could communicate across the networks.

I read a Wiki somewhere that said I should use the telnet connection to configure lans which is why I was using that method.

Everything is working now as expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: