EnGenius 9850

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Schwarzie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Customs work in strange ways...

The unit reached me 5mins ago, and so far without any extra charge. I dunno if this comes later, im a bit puzzled now :D

I will send it to the DDWRT guys on Monday, and it should reach them then on Wednesday.
Sponsor
jwbaynham
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys. So shortly after I ordered the device I managed to break my leg in 4 places and forgot all about this project. I actually still have the extra router and remembered that I got stuck trying to figure out the German customs forms. If there's any value in Sash having two test units I'll go ahead and mail this one as well. I apologize for the delay in responding back.
Schwarzie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Final update about the transport of the device: DHL says that the unit was delivered to the DD-WRT guys.

Sendungsnummer JJD1410058418264
Produkt/Service DHL PAKET
Status vom 01.03.11 08:31 Uhr
Die Sendung wurde erfolgreich zugestellt.
Zugestellt an Empfänger (orig.)
Midas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Schwarzie wrote:
Final update about the transport of the device: DHL says that the unit was delivered to the DD-WRT guys.

Great news, dear Schwarzie. Thank you for your effort on behalf of this community. Very Happy

Now keeping fingers crossed for development news...

EDIT: sorry to hear of your mishap, jwbaynham. Seems like everything's sorted now, but keep your unit ready, just in case... Wink

Last edited by Midas on Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:37; edited 2 times in total
Kroligoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great NEWS!
Waiting for when the guys from the DD-WRD will support
seti
DD-WRT User

Location: Physically: Somewhere in time and space / Mentally: As lost as the next person

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Schwarzie wrote:

Sendungsnummer JJD1410058418264
Produkt/Service DHL PAKET
Status vom 01.03.11 08:31 Uhr
Die Sendung wurde erfolgreich zugestellt.
Zugestellt an Empfänger (orig.)

Like our broken legged friend...I too am relegated to writing from a hospital for other reasons. I am glad to hear about the status Schwarzie and thank you again for all you have done. I haven't forgotten my commitments to you for the extra expense...no need you should eat it all. Catch up when I get out!
Midas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
seti wrote:
Like our broken legged friend...I too am relegated to writing from a hospital for other reasons. I am glad to hear about the status Schwarzie and thank you again for all you have done. I haven't forgotten my commitments to you for the extra expense...no need you should eat it all. Catch up when I get out!

Dang! Will the bad news ever end? What are your day jobs? Stuntmen? Twisted Evil

You both get well soon. Best wishes,

EDIT: New official firmware 2.0.2 was released dated 28th January, with changelog referring yet another Network Turbine tweak (quote: "Network Turbine will only benefit NAT performance when the internet speed is higher than 50Mbps"); still no telnet/SSH access, though... *sigh*
Schwarzie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
seti wrote:
I haven't forgotten my commitments to you for the extra expense...no need you should eat it all. Catch up when I get out!
Well so far there were none. I got the Package without added cost from customs. I hope it stays that way Very Happy
seti
DD-WRT User

Location: Physically: Somewhere in time and space / Mentally: As lost as the next person

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Schwarzie wrote:
seti wrote:
I haven't forgotten my commitments to you for the extra expense...no need you should eat it all. Catch up when I get out!
Well so far there were none. I got the Package without added cost from customs. I hope it stays that way Very Happy

No doubt Schwarzie!

Thanks Midas...no stunt man here...I am the guy you laugh at when I walk into glass doors Razz
jwbaynham
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anyone able to VPN with this router? It seems to cause some timeout issues for me. Otherwise it's the fastest thing I've ever used. Here's to hoping that DD-WRT can work their magic.
Kroligoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modified the original ENGENIUS ESR9850 firmware fw_2_0_2, to work with telnet
http://www.onlinedisk.ru/file/625227/

Best Regards
SpiritOzr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you!
Been observing the subject.
Hopefully now the DD-WRT on the EnGenius 9850 will not take long

Last edited by SpiritOzr on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:39; edited 1 time in total
seti
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kroligoff wrote:

I modified the original ENGENIUS ESR9850 firmware fw_2_0_2, to work with telnet
http://www.onlinedisk.ru/file/625227/

Best Regards

Thanks Kroligoff!

Has anyone at the DD-WRT office verified that it is actually there? I know Schwarzie verified that it was delivered via tracking, but has anyone laid hands on it?

You guys on this thread are awesome with the testing, passing on info, and hackin' around with the router, but then again I have grown accustomed to the awesomeness that oozes from the DD-WRT community as a whole. I at least hope that is awesomeness that is oozing...otherwise we might need some antibiotics or de-perv spray Razz
Moogle Stiltzkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
forgive my ignorance.

But why does the router need telnet for ? Doesn't that just add more vulnerability from the outside world unnecessarily ?
JDickiez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, people here is the 411. DD-WRT has confirmed that they have received the ESR9850 and it is now in their possession. they have also told me that they are very busy working on other donated routers and it will take sometime before they start working on this one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 17
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: