Prolems getting OpenVPN to work on router

pcamen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:29    Post subject: Prolems getting OpenVPN to work on router Reply with quote
I'm following the DD-WRT OpenVPN wiki trying to get OpenVPN set up. I've added all the commands to startup and firewall but can not find the vpn server running.

So I tried running commands individually on a command line through telnet (after removing startup commands and rebooting) and get the following:

root:~# openvpn --mktun --dev tap0
Thu Feb 24 22:17:22 2011 TUN/TAP device tap0 opened
Thu Feb 24 22:17:22 2011 Persist state set to: ON
root:~# brctl addif br0 tap0
device tap0 is already a member of a bridge; can't enslave it to bridge br0.

I'm running version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) vpn - build 13064

As far as I can tell, despite the date, this is reasonably current firmware and is the recommended build for my router, a Linksys WRT54GL.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
pcamen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
... also, I've tried this with the OpenVPN daemon on the Services : VPN tab enabled and disabled. No difference.
pcamen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:08    Post subject: myvpn won't start either Reply with quote
... When I run all the commands without the bridge command, everything works except the last command.

/tmp/myvpn --dev tap0 --secret /tmp/static.key --comp-lzo --port 1194 --proto udp --verb 3 --daemon

I run the command and it returns without any errors, but then ps doesn't show it running.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: