Asus RT-N12 intermittent connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
fiftyfour123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Moshe wrote:
If, as you surmise at the top of the thread, there is a DHCP server upstream of your dorm room, then you don't really need your own DHCP server at all. Consider using the router purely as a switch. You can connect the ethernet source to one of the LAN terminals, and your other devices to the other LANs. They should each get their own addresses assigned by the upstream router.

That seems to work fine, however I don't really want to do that because I prefer to specify my own subnet and keep my network relatively separate from the campus network. So I'll do this as a last resort.

This leads me to believe that the problem must lie in the DHCP settings in dd-wrt. Are there any settings I can change to try to fix it?
Sponsor
Moshe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the Setup / Basic setup GUI page, there are settings for start address range, number of addresses, and some checkboxes one can toggle. Perhaps some of your devices are providing conflicting addresses? Try experimenting, and reboot the router after each change. Also, your peripheral devices might need to be cycled so that they request a new address for the full experiment.
You might also determine what the DNS server should be and enter that information manually.
fiftyfour123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
i tried messing around with all those settings and rebooted after each change, still the same problem.
dipsal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe the router is faulty? Try returning it and getting another one I guess.

Or try and write down all the detailed settings from your original router and replicate them in the N12 with DD-WRT.
fiftyfour123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
dipsal wrote:
Maybe the router is faulty? Try returning it and getting another one I guess.

Or try and write down all the detailed settings from your original router and replicate them in the N12 with DD-WRT.

I thought about that but how could it be faulty if it works 100% as an AP or Bridge. I also tried copying all the settings from my old router and that didn't work.
fiftyfour123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone???
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: