Network Bridge: WRT320N can't see WRT400N

csh8428
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 0:45    Post subject: Network Bridge: WRT320N can't see WRT400N Reply with quote
I just put DD-wrt on my Linksys 400N and 320n. The 400N is a dual radio and the 320N is a single radio. The 320N is hardwired to my xbox downstairs and my 400N is upstairs. So, I'm trying to bridge them. I have the 400N set to one radio on G only and one radio on N only(5Ghz). The G radio works fine as my laptops can connect to it. I need a G radio for laptops and stuff and the N radio for the xbox.

I can't test the N radio on the 400 because I don't have any laptops with N radios. When I go to view the wireless networks to "join," the 320N cannot see the N network broadcasting from the 400N. The weird thing is when I connect to the the 320N via ethernet and set the radio to N only(5ghz), in the Wireless tab on the Status tab it shows the speed as 54mbps and the channel of 34. The channel 34 isn't even available on the 400N.

I'm running
on the 320N
dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n SVN revision 15508M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

on the 400N
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/16/10) std (SVN revision 14289)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig
Sponsor
Tweener
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
You cannot connect a 5ghz N to a 2.4ghz N so make sure you have it setup properly. ALL settings have to match. Also, site survey doesn't work for 5ghz. There are lots of threads on dual band bridging in the broadcom forum and likely some wiki information on N configuration that includes some 5ghz info.
csh8428
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tweener wrote:
You cannot connect a 5ghz N to a 2.4ghz N so make sure you have it setup properly. ALL settings have to match. Also, site survey doesn't work for 5ghz.

They are both 5Ghz routers. If site survey doesn't work, then how would you make a bridge with over the 5Ghz band?
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
csh8428 wrote:
If site survey doesn't work, then how would you make a bridge with over the 5Ghz band?

All site survey does is type in the ssid for you. You can type it in manually. You don't need site survey to make a bridge. It is just a "convenience" to save you from having the type the ssid in.
csh8428
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
upgrade 1st

Could you please provide a specific file with the link for the appropriate upgrade?

Which router were you referring to?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also in this, since you are trying to do more of a range link w/ upstairs to down, i wouldn't use the 5Ghz side, its crap range makes this no good. You'd do better to link the 2.4 side instead.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: