WZR-HP-G300NH support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
hello. we found and fixed a issue within the atheros ethernet driver on this device which raises problems for various ISP's. mainly cable isp's, but others too. here a pre version

Cool, will test this after midnight when not so many are on my network, this way i can test my comcast with it.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
I personally very much like this unit, i have no problems with it, but i will say that its functioning to your liking will depend on how heavy your networking needs are. In the wireless dept. it rules hands down for me, my only 2 issues with it so far is that these latest builds have loopback issue (somewhat fixable with firewall rule), and that it doesn't support VLANs.

Other than that, its been rock solid for me, and provides a great signal all around my house.

thats actually not true. the device supports vlan. but you mean something completelly differnt. you mean switch port vlan grouping. this has nothing todo with vlan tagging support. the other one is no loopback issue. what you have seen is just the forwarding issue from requests from within the network which is not the way port forwarding works. the loopback behaviour i changed does mainly fix a big issue and this is masquerading of ip's within a bridged network itself. port forwarding should forward requests from wan to lan and not from lan to lan. the old code was masquerading lan requests within the lan and did forward the same requests going to the wan address. but this does masquerade lan requests in general and this would cause that your network connections are all masqueraded with the ip of the router, even within the lan bridge itself. so features like wds based networks with roaming support would simply not work, since connections are breaking, everytime a device roams between two 2 access points.

so the new behavior is a fix for a bridge masquerading issue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
hello. we found and fixed a issue within the atheros ethernet driver on this device which raises problems for various ISP's. mainly cable isp's, but others too. here a pre version

Tested, seems to be functioning fine as far as my with comcast cable provider is concerned, i did DHCP release/renew and it released and renew'd as it should.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/31/11) std - build 16144

Only thing that is stumbling me now is one small issue, it seems if i setup a "guest" virtual interface and enable AP isolation, it doesn't isolate the VAP, i can still see my LAN and all the folders/files within even connected with machines outside of my network (so login credentials cached isn't there)

Also, i haven't thoroughly tested it either with doing activities such as irc, torrenting, etc, will test that when i am finished from work today and post results. But on the topical end, everything seems to be working so far.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
ap isolation isolates wireless users and not your lan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
ap isolation isolates wireless users and not your lan

It doesn't isolate wireless users from seeing my LAN (files and folders)?

Then i guess i shouldn't need to create one then.

And little more testing...

Port forwarding is working fine with all my setup, torrent, irc, ftp daemon, Xbox360, PS3 etc.

And i also did another DHCP release/renew and it worked as expected. Sometime today i am gonna put this on my comcast business line and test it there as well, but so far for my home line package is working great. Thanks!

Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
users are just prevented do see each other. this is helpfull on hotspot setups.
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah thanks for clarification, this 16144 build so far is working with much delight, all downloads going great and gui is fast, great work guys, and many thanks! Smile

tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has 16144 been released somewhere or only for this router? Cause im not seeing it.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
Has 16144 been released somewhere or only for this router? Cause im not seeing it.

Only this unit for now, i am sure when more people test and report, an ftp loaded build should follow.

vpritiskovic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where to find this DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/31/11) std - build 16144 ?
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea i was wondering where i can get it too because my router just came today and wanted to updated it with this new build.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sign into the forum and it on the page before this one. Page 41

roadzy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
So wzr-hp-g300nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin is build 16144?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
roadzy wrote:

If its the one from page 41 then yes.

roadzy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
roadzy wrote:

If its the one from page 41 then yes.

thanks! (it is)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 63, 64, 65  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 42 of 65
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: