Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 13:04 Post subject: M-Tik RB600/RB800/RB1000 BETA Test
i got asked for the current status of the dd-wrt port to the ppc based mikrotik platforms which are not that bad as their mips based stuff. so i decided to give you guys the chance to help us testing this boards.
ATTENTION: use at own risk!
to the fakt that this port is very beta there a view things to mention for install:
-be sure to have the latest bios installed
-set bios to boot from cf
-you must use a cf-card to boot dd-wrt (>=128mb).
-the webupgrade doesnt work atm. so reflash works only through a raw image write to the cf. see wiki x86 install instructions.
-we use ext2 as filesystem so its RW right now. maybe this will change to RO later. and the image is about 85MB in size.
-these builds need activation
-all atheros mpci cards are supported (RB600/800)
Always so cool Sash... "...activation...give you a chance to help us..."
Not rude...pure facts
Although, I agree that in the end if you reach RTM and we decide to buy it (unless it's free ), in the end so... we'll get helped
For now, gi'me a little time to decide to help (I'd really like, even for some bucks). I'm in the accounts and that's a borring head-ache (an other one).
PS: I'm not a coder at all, so if I buy a RB and a ddwrt key, shall I be able to supply some helpful feedback ? _________________ ): FoReVeR nEwB
Hummmm, not sure it's worth wasting your time Sash and BS : RB600 & 1000 are EOL, which let me think Mikrotik is landing down (at least for these pro-ducts and soon RB800) _________________ ): FoReVeR nEwB
Joined: 26 Jan 2008 Posts: 13049 Location: Behind The Reset Button
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 14:54 Post subject:
its just an offer. nobody need to follow it.
since these units are in more then 90% of the casen in commercial use there should be no problem on buying one license for testing.
btw my rb600 is running fine so far. very stable and fast.
No one would buy a license to test a beta build. I would suggest that a license is supplied for free, but times out after 60 days or whatever. Then offer a full license at a discount. The discount is a way of saying thanks for testing and helping us work out the bugs.
Just my 2 cents. _________________ [Moderator Deleted]