Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
macbeth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol netgear removed the .98 version from the support website... never saw a so crappy official firmware... every new version is more bugged than the previous one.
Sponsor
Kline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:43    Post subject: NAT Throughput Reply with quote
Has NAT throughput been fixed yet? I bought two WNDR3700 about two months ago and am running DD-WRT 24-sp2 (11/17/10) std (SVN revision 15747) on just one of them currently.

I have it basically in switch mode, utilizing the WAN port as a switch port then feeding into my other WNDR3700 on stock.

I noticed when I used my gateway router with DD-WRT all inbound WAN traffic through the NAT would bottleneck at 30Mbit/s tops. I was able to verify this repeatedly when I was still paying for 60Mbit/s cable. Outbound traffic via NAT did not seem to have this problem when I did some testing with both routers on DD-WRT in a few different network configurations. I have yet to experience any slowdown on the one I currently utilize as a switch via the WAN port.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in the latest builds linked via the Wiki? I'd love to run both my routers on DD-WRT, but can't justify killing my NAT speed for it.
antidelldude
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been sitting here screwing with this router for a week now. DD-WRT runs like shit on it. OpenWRT runs like shit on it. To top it off, the Netgear firmware runs like shit. Wireless dropouts and through-put issues plague this router. It just went back to the store today. I can not believe ANYONE has praised this router for it's "stability and performance". I am trying the less praised Asus rt-n16 next. With a broadcom chipset, I hope I will finally find the stability I have been seeking.
lessthanjoey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
antidelldude wrote:
I have been sitting here screwing with this router for a week now. DD-WRT runs like shit on it. OpenWRT runs like shit on it. To top it off, the Netgear firmware runs like shit. Wireless dropouts and through-put issues plague this router. It just went back to the store today. I can not believe ANYONE has praised this router for it's "stability and performance". I am trying the less praised Asus rt-n16 next. With a broadcom chipset, I hope I will finally find the stability I have been seeking.

I have zero dropout or latency issues on dd-wrt. I routinely stream 1080p video using it with no problems. I agree that throughput could be better - what levels are you seeing? (Perhaps you have a lemon?)
santiagodraco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
antidelldude wrote:

I'm running two 3700s in bridge mode and streaming Blu-Ray rips (FULL rips) across the wireless bridge with virtually no drop outs. I see some sometimes, but I suspect that is due to the Boxee Box (I'll be testing a full PC soon).

I can stream anything else (any 1080p MKV) all day long without any dropouts whatsoever.

Not only that but I just bought a third 3700 to compare to my DGL-4600 that was my main router. My average transfer speeds from Giganews went from 13.8Mbps/1.7MBps to ~15Mbps/~1.9MBps.

I'm pretty happy and if there ARE issues with DD-WRT and I'm seeing that kind of performance imagine how it will be once it's working as expected!

Newest router is a R206 or some such code.
esqueue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
santiagodraco wrote:
Newest router is a R206 or some such code.

It is 02R6.

Hmmm, I didn't know that I made an account here. LOL
Sixth.Gear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
So on a whim I decided to jump into the world of DD-WRT once I saw that the WNDR3700 was almost fully running as I don't mind being on the bleeding edge too much.

I did run into a problem where port forwarding is not working, and apparently it's only affecting some people.

I'm on DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std (SVN revision 15962). I read a few posts after searching where the issue was resolved by downgrading to a previous version. I've downloaded a couple previous versions (revisions 15778 and 15940) and tried downgrading via the web interface (Administration -> Firmware Upgrade) and the firmware uploads, and then gives an following page that says "Upgrade Failed".

Am I doing something wrong here? I'd just like my port forwarding back please! Wireless works flawlessly as well.

Also, side note which may be un-related, but is there a way to force a ethernet port to run at gigabit speeds instead of 10/100? I know that the computer it is connected to is gigabit capable, but is only indicating connection at 10/100. This may be a cabling issue as I ran the cable (about 20ft worth) and crimped the ends myself.

Thanks!
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sixth.Gear wrote:
So on a whim I decided to jump into the world of DD-WRT once I saw that the WNDR3700 was almost fully running as I don't mind being on the bleeding edge too much.

I did run into a problem where port forwarding is not working, and apparently it's only affecting some people.

I'm on DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std (SVN revision 15962). I read a few posts after searching where the issue was resolved by downgrading to a previous version. I've downloaded a couple previous versions (revisions 15778 and 15940) and tried downgrading via the web interface (Administration -> Firmware Upgrade) and the firmware uploads, and then gives an following page that says "Upgrade Failed".

Am I doing something wrong here? I'd just like my port forwarding back please! Wireless works flawlessly as well.

Also, side note which may be un-related, but is there a way to force a ethernet port to run at gigabit speeds instead of 10/100? I know that the computer it is connected to is gigabit capable, but is only indicating connection at 10/100. This may be a cabling issue as I ran the cable (about 20ft worth) and crimped the ends myself.

Thanks!

Gigabit ethernet requires atleast Cat5e cable.
Ezaum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
yousaf465 wrote:
Sixth.Gear wrote:

Thanks!

And the led colors were swaped in DD-WRT as per specification. So orange = gigabit on DD-WRT.
lslw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Who can help us to find official firmware v1.0.4.75.img (non NA version). I want to try it, Anyone can help, please PM me, Thanks you so much !!!
Sixth.Gear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
yousaf465 wrote:

Hrm, I'll have to double check my ends, but I thought I did the connectors correctly. I know the cable is Cat-5e, and the run is definitely less than the 30m/90ft spec. Anyone have a good wiring diagram to use for the crimped ends?

Ezaum wrote:

And the led colors were swaped in DD-WRT as per specification. So orange = gigabit on DD-WRT.

Yeah, I saw that in the documentation. They are definitely indicating green on two connections that should be gigabit. I just wanted to double check it wasn't a firmware option I missed somewhere.

Any idea on the port forwarding or downgrade issues? Thanks guys!
Jonny_doe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sixth.Gear wrote:
yousaf465 wrote:

Hrm, I'll have to double check my ends, but I thought I did the connectors correctly. I know the cable is Cat-5e, and the run is definitely less than the 30m/90ft spec. Anyone have a good wiring diagram to use for the crimped ends?

Ezaum wrote:

Yeah, I saw that in the documentation. They are definitely indicating green on two connections that should be gigabit. I just wanted to double check it wasn't a firmware option I missed somewhere.

Any idea on the port forwarding or downgrade issues? Thanks guys!

Try this m8
Code:
http://www.lanshack.com/make-cat5E.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
lessthanjoey wrote:
antidelldude wrote:

I have zero dropout or latency issues on dd-wrt. I routinely stream 1080p video using it with no problems. I agree that throughput could be better - what levels are you seeing? (Perhaps you have a lemon?)

He's probably talking about the insanely poor QoS implmentation in OpenWRT/Stock firmware. DD-WRT is vastly improved but I still get a boatload of latency issues when I have P2P programs running from multiple systems which causes my internet/VOIP applications to freeze out. Compared to my old D-Link DGL-4300 router from 2005/7, the WNDR 3700 with DD-WRT performs worse in almost every aspect. Stock 3700 firmware has great AV performance but using any application with latency requirements on top of P2P absolutely destroys the router. I'm looking a replacement router as I've already looked into the idea if it was lemon but the firmware just sucks.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
With the build 15962 since channels are listed properly with upper/lower control channel setting. I am now able to get 26dBm TX power (ath0) with NG-Mixed in HT40 with the following settings:

Reg domain: Canada
TX: Power 26dBm
Channel: 3
Control Channel: Upper
Antenna Gain: 3dBi

Just putting that out there.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

PortableTech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 22:31    Post subject: 40Mhz Band and Lack of Channels Reply with quote
Well, I took the plunge and installed DD-WRT on my WNDR3700 router. The version is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std, and all seems to be working fairly well.

One thing that stands out is that Many of the A band channels are missing compared to the Netgear factory firmware (all the high numbered ones) and there is no option for 40Mhz Channel Width.

Does anyone know how to resolve those two issues? The speeds are a bit slow, around 70% of what I was getting but I suspect that is due to only using 20Mhz bandwidth and being stuck on the busier lower A side channels.

-- PortableTech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 227, 228, 229  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 196 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: