Linksys E2000 / E3000 test builds here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
SirDracula wrote:
buddee wrote:

The only thing that is somewhat annoying is that builds after 15704 have loopback broken, easily fixed with an added firewall rule

I still don't understand what's broken about "loopback" and what I would be seeing in practice.

A simple breakdown...

Port forwards will work fine from LAN to WAN, but not LAN to LAN, so to the outside ports are open, to the inside they are not.

If you don't do alot of inner networking it probably won't affect you.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
SirDracula wrote:
buddee wrote:

The only thing that is somewhat annoying is that builds after 15704 have loopback broken, easily fixed with an added firewall rule

I still don't understand what's broken about "loopback" and what I would be seeing in practice.

A simple breakdown...

Port forwards will work fine from LAN to WAN, but not LAN to LAN, so to the outside ports are open, to the inside they are not.

If you don't do alot of inner networking it probably won't affect you.

I see. So I would not be able to say ssh from inside the LAN to another machine on the LAN, via a port forward on the WAN. That's OK if that's all there is to it. Older versions of DD-WRT had an option in the GUI to enable/disable loopback, but the option seems to be gone in the version I'm using. So is loopback supposed to work by default? I thought in the past it had to be disabled because Windows file sharing would not work otherwise.
wuudogg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I lasted 5 days on my new stock e3000 firmware. Had to reboot every day. What a nightmare from CISCO.

iPhones were disconnecting, laptops disappearing, streaming locked up.

Read all 63+ pages. Followed the flash guide to the letter. No issues. This isn't my first dd-wrt router but it's been a while.

After a few nuances and tweaks my kids are streaming netflix to apple tv and ipads. I'm on vent and watching my slingbox.

Life is good.
tange1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
wuudogg wrote:
I lasted 5 days on my new stock e3000 firmware. Had to reboot every day. What a nightmare from CISCO.

iPhones were disconnecting, laptops disappearing, streaming locked up.

Read all 63+ pages. Followed the flash guide to the letter. No issues. This isn't my first dd-wrt router but it's been a while.

After a few nuances and tweaks my kids are streaming netflix to apple tv and ipads. I'm on vent and watching my slingbox.

Life is good.

I am thinking about buying this router -- was this the guide you reffered to following? http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3000

After following the initial flashing instructions would this be the proper version to use to get to the latest?
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-24-10-r15962/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-15962_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e3000.bin
k.wick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 21:59    Post subject: e2000 as bridge repeater for wrt54g v2 Reply with quote
So I was successful in making the 54g a bridge repeater but then the girlfriend wand the routers switched. so now I am finding it impossible to have the e2000 act as a bridge repeater. Is this the norm?

54g:13064 vint std
e2000: 15508 big

I await your assistance with a beer in hand.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 22:01    Post subject: Re: e2000 as bridge repeater for wrt54g v2 Reply with quote
k.wick wrote:
So I was successful in making the 54g a bridge repeater but then the girlfriend wand the routers switched. so now I am finding it impossible to have the e2000 act as a bridge repeater. Is this the norm?

54g:13064 vint std
e2000: 15508 big

I await your assistance with a beer in hand.

Get a new girlfriend Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
3 router setup - works great:

Main AP router (E2000 v1) running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/19/10) std-usb-nas - build 15943M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko.

2nd router - repeater bridge mode (E2000 V1) running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/19/10) std-usb-nas - build 15943M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko.

3rd router - repeater bridge mode (WRT310N V1) running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/19/10) mini - build 15943M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

Did nothing special other than follow the wikis to get up and running. If you can follow directions, setting up repeater bridge should not be a problem. Don't be lazy with 30-30-30 resets.

All using NG Mixed Mode
Channel Width 20MHZ
Wireless Channel Set to 1 (used inSSIDER to pick best channel)
All set to TX 84 (have also tried 71 and 50 with no difference noted)

One disturbing thing I've seen with this build is degraded performance with 40MHZ wide channel selected. It causes extreme lag - pings often return at above 1000MS to any of the 3 routers. Also, when in 40MHZ mode, main AP transmission rate is all over the place - sometimes up around 270Mbps, but often sits down around 11Mbps.

AS soon as I change back to 20MHZ, pings return to about 6MS on average and main AP shows transmission rate pretty constant around 117Mbps. Have tried numerous scenarios with different channels (high and low) with 40MHZ channel width (even using my 2nd E2000 or the WRT310N as the main AP) - always the same results.

No idea why 40MHZ mode causes that kind of lag. 20MHZ is fine and good enough for me. Just curious if anyone else is having the same kind of results in 40MHZ and may know why it is that way?
muxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I received my E2000 today and flashed it following the wiki tutorial. I then updated it with to the eko 15508 Big build. Everything was great and I was on my way to setting everything up. I setup basic things like ssh management, dhcp, wireless (N-only 2.4ghz auto channel width), and probably a few other basic things (HTTPS management, etc) avoiding my memory at the moment.

Everything was fine until I decided to mess around with USB and started to setup a Print Server in hopes of sharing a USB printer on my network. About 60 seconds or so after enabling all of the USB support and Printer support, the router seemed to have bricked itself. All my connected clients were disconnected, wireless was turned off, can't connect through SSH or the web GUI, and doing 30/30/30 resets are producing zero results. Clients aren't associating with the router (wired connection) so can't set a static IP to connect to web GUI or pull one from a DHCP pool.

Anyone have any suggestions or do you think it's completely bricked?
pgotze
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
muxx wrote:
I received my E2000 today and flashed it following the wiki tutorial. I then updated it with to the eko 15508 Big build. Everything was great and I was on my way to setting everything up. I setup basic things like ssh management, dhcp, wireless (N-only 2.4ghz auto channel width), and probably a few other basic things (HTTPS management, etc) avoiding my memory at the moment.

Everything was fine until I decided to mess around with USB and started to setup a Print Server in hopes of sharing a USB printer on my network. About 60 seconds or so after enabling all of the USB support and Printer support, the router seemed to have bricked itself. All my connected clients were disconnected, wireless was turned off, can't connect through SSH or the web GUI, and doing 30/30/30 resets are producing zero results. Clients aren't associating with the router (wired connection) so can't set a static IP to connect to web GUI or pull one from a DHCP pool.

Anyone have any suggestions or do you think it's completely bricked?

Heh USB on E2000? Are you sure my friend? Smile

1 x Linksys E3000 DD-WRT build 25628 NEWD-2 K3.x mega
muxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
pgotze wrote:

Sorry if I sound like an ignoramus, but what do you mean? Did I miss some big ID10T warning somewhere in the thread?
pgotze
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
muxx wrote:
pgotze wrote:

Sorry if I sound like an ignoramus, but what do you mean? Did I miss some big ID10T warning somewhere in the thread?

Well i think E2000 does NOT have USB.

1 x Linksys E3000 DD-WRT build 25628 NEWD-2 K3.x mega
muxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
pgotze wrote:

Welp. Wink

You're absolutely correct and this is why I shouldn't touch stuff while I'm somewhat tired. I think I was thinking of a Linksys with a USB interface I was replacing with this E2000.

Anyone feel like troubleshooting a half-bricked E2000 for educational purposes? Doing a hard reset and 30/30/30 reset seem to not reset back to default settings. Also, it seems like the router is actually freezing after about 15-20 seconds after a reboot. Possible kernel panic due to enabled USB support? That might explain why hard resets aren't working as well. Any ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to add the reason why I think it's freezing. If I reboot it and try to associate with a wired client, the router hands out an IP from the default DHCP pool. The problem is that a split second later, I lose connectivity to the router and can't ping the gateway or anything.

EDIT 2: Getting 5 100ttl ping responses. Going to try to tftp manufacturer firmware back onto it.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
muxx wrote:
pgotze wrote:

Welp. Wink

You're absolutely correct and this is why I shouldn't touch stuff while I'm somewhat tired. I think I was thinking of a Linksys with a USB interface I was replacing with this E2000.

Anyone feel like troubleshooting a half-bricked E2000 for educational purposes? Doing a hard reset and 30/30/30 reset seem to not reset back to default settings. Also, it seems like the router is actually freezing after about 15-20 seconds after a reboot. Possible kernel panic due to enabled USB support? That might explain why hard resets aren't working as well. Any ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to add the reason why I think it's freezing. If I reboot it and try to associate with a wired client, the router hands out an IP from the default DHCP pool. The problem is that a split second later, I lose connectivity to the router and can't ping the gateway or anything.

EDIT 2: Getting 5 100ttl ping responses. Going to try to tftp manufacturer firmware back onto it.

You could always try the hard reset for the wrt320n, haven't had to try it on my E2000.

Unplug unit, hold down WPS button on the front, re-plug power, keep button held down for 12 seconds, then release. See if that restores you to defaults

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10    Post subject: Re: UPNP Reply with quote
mitchell wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone have the same problem. I have very low LAN speed, even with Gigabit, if I turn on UPNP. Does anybody experience the same problem?

No, but then again, i don't use upnp much at all.

BTW, stating which build and model router you have would be somewhat helpful.

mitchell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:39    Post subject: Re: UPNP Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
mitchell wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone have the same problem. I have very low LAN speed, even with Gigabit, if I turn on UPNP. Does anybody experience the same problem?

No, but then again, i don't use upnp much at all.

BTW, stating which build and model router you have would be somewhat helpful.

It wasn't UPNP. it was a QoS misconfiguration Embarassed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 74, 75, 76  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 64 of 76
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: