Connect two networks to router ?

webdirector
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 22:32    Post subject: Connect two networks to router ? Reply with quote
Please see my attached setup. The system is working great and the VPN router is also working well. My problem is that at the moment the Boxee Box will not connect to the Freenas Server to get videos from it.

I understand the problem being that the Boxee Box has the IP 192.168.2.2 and the NAS is in a different range (192.168.1.1). I am not too sure how to set this up so it will work?

The Problem is that the BoxeeBox needs to connect to the internet through the VPN witch is build up by the VPN router. (Works great)

But the NAS is in the regular network and I want to be able to connect to ip from the PC in the network and also connect to it from the Boxee box.

So here my questions:

Is there a simple way of doing this?

Do I need to add a cable from the VPN router LAN connection to LAN connection of Gateway router? And do something with the LAN port of the VPN router ports (programing wise) ????

I read something about tables (But I have no ideas about this?)

Or is the simplest solution to add a second network card in the nas server and connect that to the VPN router???

I would appreciate any Ideas on how to do this?
Sponsor
webdirector
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Issue solved

I just added a scond network card to the freenas and connected it to the LAN port of VPN router and now I can access the nas from Both IP ranges
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: