Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
txcas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
jlw82 wrote:
Is it possible with a wndr3700 with stock firmware to bridge with another dd-wrt router (dir-615) ?

I dont want to flash my wndr3700 yet. I need good wifi.

and to use wpa2

Yes you can and that is exactly what I am doing. I have an Asus routher with DD-WRT and WIFI disabled, and the Netgear is used only for WIFI in bridge mode. It is the best of both worlds, all the features of DD-WRT and the excellent wireless performance of the Netgear stock firmware.
Sponsor
jlw82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed my wndr3700 and everything worked out fine.

Is there any way to link a RaLink and a wndr3700 togheter? Tried WDS, but that didt work.
jbssm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:23    Post subject: Poor wireless performance Reply with quote
I flashed my WNDR3700 with dd-wrt and my wireless performance got considerably worst. In the same location of the house the signal reduced from about 35% to 20%.

I've tried with some different countries (USA, Portugal, Korea) but the results where always the same.

Also, I noticed two strange things:
1 - The antenna gain didn't accept non integer numbers. i.e, the value to put in the field was (2.4 GHz): 2.8dBi. But although it accepted that number, it then used just 2 instead. The same for (5 GHz): 3.9dBi where it reverted to 3.
2 - The TX power actually being used, according to the router status page in dd-wrt, was much lower than the one that was advised. The advised value was: Max TX Power (2.4 GHz): 22dBm w/HT40, but the one that the router was using was 17dBm. I cannot say which one is being used by the factory firmware, but what I can say is that after reverting again to the original firmware the signal returned to the previous higher one and it's the only way it's possible to stream video.

Anyone had the same problems? Is there any workaround?
zorkmta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please could some advice or guide me how can i upgrede from ddwrt to your openwrt?

Want to try it and compare to ddwrt to openwrt

Thanks in advances
boringatwork
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could someone be kind enough to send me the v1.0.4.75NA firmware? Thank you in advance!
cvguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
AnXioZ wrote:
Are there any QoS issues reported with the 12-18-10-r15940 build?

I'm trying to apply some basic QoS settings to throttle bittorrent traffic using a specific port range but it doesnt seem to work correctly. Tried both HFSC and HTB.

I believe QOS is totally broken with this router, not only with DD-WRT, but also OpenWRT and Stock firmware. I have tried them all. Mine is sitting on the shelf now waiting for firmware that will support it. I can't even get this router to throttle a computer on the network doing a usenet download while I surf on another computer. My old WRT54G with DD-WRT does great with that. I ended up buying a Linksys e3000 and it works wonderful with QOS & DD-WRT. I haven't given up hope on the Netgear WNDR3700, as hardware-wise it's far superior to the E3000, but as hardware seems to always be ahead of the software, I am trying to wait instead of selling the WNDR3700. I think the hardware has some great potential if firmware ever catches up with it.
macbeth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
new firmware is out (only for v1)

Latest Firmware Version 1.0.6.98

http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/11640
Jonny_doe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
macbeth wrote:

It's terrible , don't use it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jonny_doe wrote:

nevermind...

Last edited by 68rustang on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:15; edited 1 time in total
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
cvguy wrote:
AnXioZ wrote:
Are there any QoS issues reported with the 12-18-10-r15940 build?

I'm trying to apply some basic QoS settings to throttle bittorrent traffic using a specific port range but it doesnt seem to work correctly. Tried both HFSC and HTB.

I believe QOS is totally broken with this router, not only with DD-WRT, but also OpenWRT and Stock firmware. I have tried them all. Mine is sitting on the shelf now waiting for firmware that will support it. I can't even get this router to throttle a computer on the network doing a usenet download while I surf on another computer. My old WRT54G with DD-WRT does great with that. I ended up buying a Linksys e3000 and it works wonderful with QOS & DD-WRT. I haven't given up hope on the Netgear WNDR3700, as hardware-wise it's far superior to the E3000, but as hardware seems to always be ahead of the software, I am trying to wait instead of selling the WNDR3700. I think the hardware has some great potential if firmware ever catches up with it.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/ticket/1896

Thats like the 4th time im trying to bring it up, you'd think the basic most commonly used features would have priority to be fixed but..

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ----> DD-WRT v3.0-r44474 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44251 std

If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
talon4x4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
gaban wrote:
anybody getting slow speeed with 40mhz wifi, try check with xirrus wifi inspector.
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
if you are setting to 40mhz but seeing only 1 channel from your wifi, that means problem because it should show 2 channels. I was having this problem where my wifi dropped from 2 channels to 1 although I didnt touched my wireless setting of 40mhz and other settings as well. I realized it a month after i last setting up the router, my wireless connection was bad and then i opened up xirrus, there was only one channel from my wifi. I setup my router to reset every night, weird that it still stuck with 1 channel even after reboot.
I observed this with version 24 sp2 dated 11/21/10.

I'm running the latest version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std and I also see 1 channel but saw 2 on the stock f/w. Any way to get both channels back?!?
Pyzze
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jonny_doe wrote:
macbeth wrote:

There's quite some new features. Yay.
However is disconnect you every x minutes. So crap to use.. Stick to old ones.
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=60096
jbssm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hum, I think I found why the connection is so slow. Rolling Eyes

I was reading quite a bit of this thread and this problem doesn't seem to have much attention. But it's clear the Channel Width feature is broken and it only uses 20 Mhz width. No matter what we put in the selection (Dynamic or Turbo), it always fallback to using just 1 channel.

I was testing the wireless connection quite a bit. And after using different values for: Sensitivity Range (ACK timing), upper/lower channel control, country (just USA and Canada), TX Power (it doesn't go over 22) and Antenna Gain (like I said before although no one answered there is a bug, it only accepts integer numbers and I can't put the indicated value of 2.8 ).
None of this made any difference. The test timings varied between 3:49 to 4:05 for all tests with several permutations of these values.

The problem - at least a big part of it - must be in the fact that the 40 Mhz channel widht feature, is not working. :?

EDIT:
I found the problem at least in my case and tested in 2 computers. These are all Mac tough, so your mileage might vary. :D

You must either put your Wireless completely open or is using WPA2, chose only AES for authentication method. TKIP will get you back to only 20 Mhz band width.
After doing that, I get the values I used to get with stock firmware, both for signal strength and transfer times.

So, with:
- dd-wrt with WPA2/TKIP, I was getting only 20 MHz, the signal was around 45% in this part of my house, and transfer times for a 586MB file 4 minutes.
- dd-wrt with WPA2/AES, I get, 40 MHz, signal around 60%, and 2 minutes transfer times. Smile
- Stock firmware with WPA2/AES, exactly the same 40 MHz, signal around 60%, and 2 minutes transfer times.

So, at least for me the problem is solved, I'm getting the same wireless performance has I got before from stock firmware. The only thing I've noticed is that I'm getting frequent disconnects from the Internet. But since I've been changing lot's of settings many times, it can be from that. The strange thing is that the dd-wrt doesn't seem reconnect automatically after the net connection coming down. Question
Ezaum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
jbssm wrote:

I was reading quite a bit of this thread and this problem doesn't seem to have much attention. But it's clear the Channel Width feature is broken and it only uses 20 Mhz width. No matter what we put in the selection (Dynamic or Turbo), it always fallback to using just 1 channel.

I was testing the wireless connection quite a bit. And after using different values for: Sensitivity Range (ACK timing), upper/lower channel control, country (just USA and Canada), TX Power (it doesn't go over 22) and Antenna Gain (like I said before although no one answered there is a bug, it only accepts integer numbers and I can't put the indicated value of 2.8 ).
None of this made any difference. The test timings varied between 3:49 to 4:05 for all tests with several permutations of these values.

The problem - at least a big part of it - must be in the fact that the 40 Mhz channel widht feature, is not working. :?

EDIT:
I found the problem at least in my case and tested in 2 computers. These are all Mac tough, so your mileage might vary. :D

You must either put your Wireless completely open or is using WPA2, chose only AES for authentication method. TKIP will get you back to only 20 Mhz band width.
After doing that, I get the values I used to get with stock firmware, both for signal strength and transfer times.

So, with:
- dd-wrt with WPA2/TKIP, I was getting only 20 MHz, the signal was around 45% in this part of my house, and transfer times for a 586MB file 4 minutes.
- dd-wrt with WPA2/AES, I get, 40 MHz, signal around 60%, and 2 minutes transfer times. Smile
- Stock firmware with WPA2/AES, exactly the same 40 MHz, signal around 60%, and 2 minutes transfer times.

So, at least for me the problem is solved, I'm getting the same wireless performance has I got before from stock firmware. The only thing I've noticed is that I'm getting frequent disconnects from the Internet. But since I've been changing lot's of settings many times, it can be from that. The strange thing is that the dd-wrt doesn't seem reconnect automatically after the net connection coming down. Question

Now you're just on par with the rest of us. With stock firmware I can transfer that same file of yours in about 40 secs or less.

Maybe its your wifi card on your client. I get 15+ MB/s with my Intel 6300 and with and old Intel 5300.

For the gain and tx power round the numbers up, this has already been discussed in this thread a couple of months back.
talon4x4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
jbssm wrote:

So, with:

Where do you even find the option to select 40Mhz channel width?? When I look at the 'Basic Settings' under the 'Wireless' tab my only channel width options are 20,10 and 5, for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz interfaces. Even after turning off TKIP and enabling AES.

*Nevermind*

Last edited by talon4x4 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:08; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 227, 228, 229  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 191 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: