TP-Link WR740N V1 and V2 now SUPPORTED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Saffokl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 21:02    Post subject: Restoring original firmware Reply with quote
To restore original firmware:
1. Enable SSH on your router.
2. Use winscp to upload original firmware in tmp folder.
3. Use putty to execute command "mtd -f write /tmp/original.bin linux"
4. Reboot router.

Try to do this steps af fast as you can, because sometimes, after uploading firmware file, device reboots without known reasons...
Sponsor
penko_bg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK,but i read somewhere i will need boot firmware not update firmware is this correctly?where i can find boot firmware?
pvnbg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think this firmware does not work properly.
I've tasted r15778. I was unable to create real working pppoe connection,unable to change MAC address too. The SSH is disabled by default and it is impossible to enable it.The radio button is inactive.
The router was totaly unstable and crashed a lot of time.
After that i flashed it with r15940 and there was no wireless interface anymore.
Do you test the builds before upload them?

The router is WR740N v2.
raphaelpdb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:09    Post subject: Bricked after upgrade dd-wrt version Reply with quote
After upgrade version of dd-wrt using webflash, the router is bricked.

I tried 30/30/30 reset and 30/60/30 and nothing happens.

Tried TFTP by power up the device holding reset button for 5 second and then start TFTP, but nothing.

The Power LED and QSS LED are ON and the LED of LAN or WAN port is on when cable is connected.

I never get ping response to 192.168.1.1 in power cicle of router.

I need help, thanks!
moll47u
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 21:30    Post subject: Re: Client bridge issues Reply with quote
shubh9 wrote:
Hello,

I have TP-link WR740n router and was successfully able to flash it with DD_WRT build 15778.

However I am having issues setting up as client bridge. I have Westell 7501 router that I use a primary router.
[cut]

I have the same problem!

I bought WR740N, WR741ND and WR1043ND
I set up WR741ND as a main AP (after flash dd-wrt and reset to default) and configured as it wrote at this page:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged
I set up WR740N as client bridged as it wrote in manual and it dosen't work for me.
On status page (in dd-wrt) there is connection between main AP and client bridge but when I connect my laptop to lan port (WR740N) I'm not able to receive IP and communicate witch main AP.
But, when I connect and configured WR1043ND as a client bridged it's working perfect !
I tired download the newest dd-wrt for WR740 and I have the same problem ;-(

Any solution?
gift925
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to install dd-wrt into my router tp-link wr740n v4.

the current dd-wrt for wr740n v1/v2 in the website seems doesn't work.

i want v4 version...

who can help me?
moll47u
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
So it's possible to get webrevert soft/firmware for this model like for WR741ND and WR841N/D?
baiggee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
ine is too wr740nV2 pppoe still not working... guys i had same prob bfre when i used fctry to ddwrt.bin build 15940.. there was no response either... i did a 30 hardreset and plugged out for 10mints.. meanwhile downloaded build 15778 webflash... plugged bck in and was able to get in to config page.. i thought its ok nw bt when i applied the settings n there was no respnse either i had to repeat the sme procedure and flashd with 15778 build N it was ok later on... while pppoe still nt wrkng and i cant too dial in my laptop after configuring in client mode auto dhcp...
StorBeau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:17    Post subject: Ver 1.8 flash Reply with quote
I flashed my ver 1.8 to build 15778 and it seems great so far.

The details of the device on the upgrade firmware page were as follows:

Firmware Version:
3.9.18 Build 100104 Rel.36350n
Hardware Version:
WR740N v1 00000000
komaramnt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23    Post subject: MAC CLONE Reply with quote
"google translate"
I got a WR740N V2.
Install the latest version of DD WRT moments of collapse is not a big problem is still beta, but it does not work is the cloning of mac address if you select the connection is PPPOE if the option STATIC can be cloned . Just do not remember it.
any ideas?
thanks for everything
"google translate"
w00x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 0:53    Post subject: Re: Bricked after upgrade dd-wrt version Reply with quote
raphaelpdb wrote:
After upgrade version of dd-wrt using webflash, the router is bricked.

I tried 30/30/30 reset and 30/60/30 and nothing happens.

Tried TFTP by power up the device holding reset button for 5 second and then start TFTP, but nothing.

The Power LED and QSS LED are ON and the LED of LAN or WAN port is on when cable is connected.

I never get ping response to 192.168.1.1 in power cicle of router.

I need help, thanks!

I have almost the same problem.

Flashed using webflash.
Router restarted, gave out the DD-WRT panel.
I set up some settings (including the device mode or something of the sort where AP was an option along with others. I might have set this one wrong, because the router became unresponsive after I saved the settings) and it became unresponsive.
Restarted and that was it. No ping, no nothing.
The first reply when I try to ping the router is "General Failure", the following are "Request timed out".

Tried the 30/30/30 method - nothing happened.

The Power LED and QSS LED are ON and the LED of LAN or WAN port is on when cable is connected. The other ones are off including the LED that indicates the router activity.

Are there any other ways I can attempt to fix this or revert my original firmware?

The strange thing is that currently I am using an internet connection through the router. Have still not connected the Internet directly to the computer. The IP is not internal though. It's the outside IP I usually have. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?
StorBeau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 22:42    Post subject: Problems encountered Reply with quote
Everything appeared fine when I flashed it, but as some of you mentioned the CPU appears as 350MHz instead of 400MHz. This happened to me too, but I don't really care.

What I do care about is that I can't get this thing setup into any sort of wireless repeater topology. I've tried the WDS, repeater bridge, routed repeater bridge, and universal wireless repeater, all with no success.

In the universal wireless repeater wiki, which is the last topology I tried, it says in step 4 "4. Go to tab "Wireless", sub-tab "Basic Settings": * Set Wireless Mode to "Repeater"". There is no wireless mode of repeater in the drop down menu.

In fact, there is no repeater bridge, or repeater option. There is only: "AP", "Client", "Client Bridge (routed)", "Adhoc", "WDS Station", and "WDS AP".

I've spent so much time on this and it's driving me nuts. I just want a full bridged network with one subnet, one SSID, one channel. But right now, I'll settle for just about anything. Maybe this will help me. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47708
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:05    Post subject: Re: Problems encountered Reply with quote
StorBeau wrote:

I've spent so much time on this and it's driving me nuts.

Then you have probably not spent your time wisely..
The wiki tutorial you read is written for Broadcom radio based routers and does not fully apply to Atheros, there is if I'm not mistaken a separate tutorial for Atheros radios written by one of our users half a year ago.

There is also a sticky thread in top of this Atheros sub-forum which explains how to do repeater mode on Atheros radios. Razz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 16:31    Post subject: chinese version v4 Reply with quote
gift925 wrote:
I want to install dd-wrt into my router tp-link wr740n v4.

the current dd-wrt for wr740n v1/v2 in the website seems doesn't work.

i want v4 version...

who can help me?

I have the same request - the Chinese version of wr740n seems to have different version numbers. I have a v4 on mine.

If you look at the Chinese version of TP-Link's website:
http://www.tp-link.com.cn/pages/product-detail.asp?d=144&t=4#tag
you'll see that there's a different firmware for v3/v4 vs v1 (v2 is completely missing).

Anyone have any experience with v3/v4?
Are they compatible with the v1 dd-wrt firmware?
Is there a way for me to test w/o bricking my router?
Or is there a safe way to recover from a brick?
tonychao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 16:43    Post subject: chinese version v4 Reply with quote
cbaldan wrote:
No, that might be right.

The think is that on TP-Link website there are only V1 and V2 of this router and people in China says they have V3 and V4 of the router, which is not listed in their website and have a different cover.

my v4 (Chinese) looks just like the US V2 on the outside, also it seems like according to the supported device wiki (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#TP-Link) the AR9285 in the Chinese V4 may be the same as the AR7240 in the US V1. Does this mean flashing Chinese V4 with the US V1 dd-wrt firmware will work??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: