Asus rt-n12: revert back to factory firmware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kylelee76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 16:39    Post subject: Asus rt-n12: revert back to factory firmware? Reply with quote
Is it possible to revert back to the factory firmware? Can I just upload the factory firmware via tftp? Asus firmware restore utility doesn't work with dd-wrt. Thanks.
Sponsor
Moshe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, it is possible.
If dd-wrt is working, you can just use the update firmware option in the GUI to upload the Asus firmware.
Download the Asus firmware. You should change the file extension from .trx to .bin on that file. Then upload it to the router, hard reset and you should be good to go.
kylelee76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot!
zelbinion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:27    Post subject: ASUS firmware restore worked for me Reply with quote
I had two RT-12N routers (version D1) and I tried the suggestions above to simply rename the ASUS firmware file and upload it via the dd-wrt upgrade firmware page, but I wasn't able to get it to work.

What DID work for me was to use ASUS's firmware restoration tool. I put the router into recovery mode, and the restoration program worked flawlessly. Complete instructions for the procedure are detailed on ASUS's support site here:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: