Will dd-wrt support RT-N13U?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
armctr wrote:
Thanks yutoon. I might be getting a bit greedy with the limits of this device but, would I be able to use a usb hub and set up a network printer and a network storage drive? Thanks in advance.

Not greedy at all! Mine is set up with one USB hub that connects two SD cards, a large network HDD, printer, and a sound card (that is not yet functional as it lacks the audio modules -- see PS in last post).

No problems with this config, just be sure as you add any active devices (Ex. HDDs) that they have their own power.

The THANKS really go to gouryella, calvin18 and others who have made this a fully functional device.
Sponsor
stevedensmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 18:45    Post subject: Re: Anyone figured out a fix for this? Reply with quote
stevedensmore wrote:
When I set the wireless connection to broadcast N only, I can't login to the router. When I change it back to mixed mode it works fine, but is stuck with 54mb/s. I'm on the fence about reverting back to the Asus firmware because of this. Someone please help!

Well I've noticed that if I turn of WEP, N mode works fine. As soon as I set up any type of password based security, it only allows A wireless at 54/mb/s. So in the meantime I've turned off WEB entirely and only allow certain MAC addresses to connect wirelessly. Anyone know why this could be happening?
dvijen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 17:46    Post subject: Re: Anyone figured out a fix for this? Reply with quote
stevedensmore wrote:
stevedensmore wrote:
When I set the wireless connection to broadcast N only, I can't login to the router. When I change it back to mixed mode it works fine, but is stuck with 54mb/s. I'm on the fence about reverting back to the Asus firmware because of this. Someone please help!

Well I've noticed that if I turn of WEP, N mode works fine. As soon as I set up any type of password based security, it only allows A wireless at 54/mb/s. So in the meantime I've turned off WEB entirely and only allow certain MAC addresses to connect wirelessly. Anyone know why this could be happening?

N mode is supported only with WPA2, for all other encryption types, it will default to G.
MrRed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:45    Post subject: Asus Firmware Restoration Utility fails Reply with quote
Hi folks,

trying to install dd-wrt (v24 preSP2 [Beta] Build: 14896) to a RT-N13U from the ASUS firmware restoration utility from inside a virtualbox running winxp. My vbox network is set up as bridged with a static IP in the 192.168.1.0/24 net.

The program starts up OK and connects to the router in restore mode, starts to upload the asus-to-ddwrt.trx image buts hangs up at 13% (sometimes 14%).

Wireshark says everything is progressing fine until TFTP block 961, which always fails.

Anyone else with this problem or workaround for flashing from linux native instead?

Thx
gouryella
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:15    Post subject: Re: Asus Firmware Restoration Utility fails Reply with quote
MrRed wrote:

Anyone else with this problem or workaround for flashing from linux native instead?
Thx

Turn router in recovery mode, send fw by tftp directly from linux.
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 20:10    Post subject: Adding a Separate Wireless Network (2nd SSID) w/ Throttling Reply with quote
Gathered my research into one new section just added to the Wiki, here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php?title=Asus_RT-N13U#Fire_up_a_Second_Wireless_Network_w.2F_Optional_Bandwidth_Throttling.

Have had this running for a few days (configured as secure, isolated, and about half the bandwidth allocated to the second wireless net) with absolutely no problems. It is good to share with your neighbor!

Still looking around for sound card drivers. (Added a title, http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php?title=Asus_RT-N13U#Sound_Card, but nothing working yet.)
Burningrome
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 15:47    Post subject: Best current build? 14815? Reply with quote
Hi -
lots of great info and work here - thanks. Installed build 14684 on my RT-N13U, and in general it works fine, stable, etc. But a few things don't work - such as port fwds/ port range fwds and setting static IPs. I tried setting up a port fwd and a range fwd for the same port, and it's saved etc but it doesn't work - the port is still closed as tested by canyouseeme.org. The IP of the computer I'm fwding the port to is assigned by DHCP, a faq here on port forwarding (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Port_Forwarding) says it's best to use static IPs for fwds - but when I try that they're not saved.
Any suggestions for a more stable build - some people mentioned 14815 a few months back?
thanks!
gouryella
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 20:58    Post subject: Re: Best current build? 14815? Reply with quote
Burningrome wrote:

Any suggestions for a more stable build - some people mentioned 14815 a few months back?
thanks!
Sorry i thing that problem is located between the chair and your computer screen Smile
Port forward is based on iptables and works fine in any build (+UPnP feature), Im using static leases by MAC too without problem.
stevedensmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:40    Post subject: Re: Anyone figured out a fix for this? Reply with quote
dvijen wrote:
stevedensmore wrote:
stevedensmore wrote:

N mode is supported only with WPA2, for all other encryption types, it will default to G.

This doesn't appear to be the case. I've tried all the WPA2 options now and it still defaults to G. Ideas anyone? For now I have security turned off, but the router is set to only let certain mac addresses connect wirelessly.
Burningrome
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 20:00    Post subject: maybe Reply with quote
Yeah maybe the problem is between the monitor and the chair, not the first time that's happened! But UPNP works fine, it's just the entering static leases doesn't work. I've attached a screencap on the page, when I enter the MAC, hostname, IP then I hit either apply or save (tried both) it says "processing" then blanks out all the text I've just entered into the box.
And I'm assigning the static IPs outside the DHCP pool range.
Edit: yutoon asked how i'm connected - DSL via a modem in bridge mode
gouryella
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 16:07    Post subject: Re: maybe Reply with quote
Burningrome wrote:
Yeah maybe the problem is between the monitor and the chair, not the first time that's happened! But UPNP works fine, it's just the entering static leases doesn't work. I've attached a screencap on the page, when I enter the MAC, hostname, IP then I hit either apply or save (tried both) it says "processing" then blanks out all the text I've just entered into the box.
And I'm assigning the static IPs outside the DHCP pool range.
Edit: yutoon asked how i'm connected - DSL via a modem in bridge mode

Have you checked Setup->Basic Setup->Use DNSMasq for DHCP?
1st update to latest, make factory reset, use modern browser.
Or try try:
Code:

root@dd-wrt:~# nvram set static_leases=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX=station=192.168.1.2=43200
root@dd-wrt:~# nvram set static_leasenum=1
root@dd-wrt:~# nvram show | grep static_leas
static_leasenum=1
static_leases=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX=station=192.168.1.2=43200
root@dd-wrt:~# nvram commit

More lines can bo done by =" ...", do not forgot number of lines.
Burningrome
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the help gouryella! I remember having many great plzners in Plzen and Karlovy Vary back in the day. When I go into DDWrt via telnet and check static leases, I get this:

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep static_leases
size: 20167 bytes (45369 left)
static_leases=00:13:20:2F:D4:82=
desktop420=192.168.1.10=

So it looks like the static lease works, maybe the prob is with the port fwd.
gouryella
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Burningrome wrote:
thanks for the help gouryella! I remember having many great plzners in Plzen and Karlovy Vary back in the day. When I go into DDWrt via telnet and check static leases, I get this:

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep static_leases
size: 20167 bytes (45369 left)
static_leases=00:13:20:2F:D4:82=
desktop420=192.168.1.10=

So it looks like the static lease works, maybe the prob is with the port fwd.

u may check if dnsmasq is running, but as i say update to latest fw, make factory reset, in modern browser set up leases from scratch
Code:
ps | grep dnsmasq;cat /tmp/dnsmasq.conf;cat /tmp/dnsmasq.leases
hmanusa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 16:13    Post subject: Re: Startup script & Optware Reply with quote
1) Just paste to Administrations->Commands and Save

Hi,

I am new to LINUX and I do not understand where or how to find/create above mentioned command.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

hmanusa

PS.

No need to reply I solved the issue, onto the next hurdle!

hmanusa
esplinter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 17:53    Post subject: is planned to support the B1 hardware revision? Reply with quote
hi

I have readed some previous posts in this thread asking this same question but it seems nobody has still answered.

¿is there any plan to support the B1 hardware revision in the asus RT-N13U? Looking at the wiki it seems it is not supported.

many thanks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 57, 58, 59  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 32 of 59
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: