Converting a WRT320N into E2000 (Success!)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
phlegmer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, just sent an e-mail to Digital Etc what I've been experiencing and they said they'll be sending me another one. They don't even want the "bad" one I guess.

Cool!
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
phlegmer wrote:
Wow, just sent an e-mail to Digital Etc what I've been experiencing and they said they'll be sending me another one. They don't even want the "bad" one I guess.

Cool!

Actually very cool, if you get to keep the faulty unit, you could possibly opener up and see what you can see, may even be able to fix the problem and have a good functional router. But at the very least, if you can still connect to it via wifi, you could make it another node.

At any rate, glad you got it resolved, i hope the converted unit performs for you well, atleast better than the 320n did. It should be pretty close though, i have a real E2000 and a non converted 320n and they pretty much keep up with each other.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Bemorph
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to report another success in!
My WRT320N is now recognized as a E2000. I used the cfe file alexdizio supplied but I did change another thing in the country line. My orgiginal cfe said: TLA,EU,EU.ÿÿ whilst his said TLA,EU,EU..ÿ so I changed that bit into what my original said.
So far it's working like a charm Smile
I'm running build 15508 @ 480,240,120

A big thanks to buddee for taking the big dive and another big thank you to blikjebier for the doc guide.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most excellent, speaking of, i almost forgot, thanks to an EU user in Germany, they flashed their real E2000 to dd-wrt and backup'd their CFE for it, i of course generic'd it. I cannot add it to the original instructions because the board only lets you post 3 attachments.

*I have had questions about using this CFE and the original instructs naming conventions, to those that have trouble figuring this out*

Make sure to either rename the file to match the original instructs or use the file name as is from the shell, failing to do so will not write the CFE and cause complications for the conversion!

Without renaming it, the commands would be as such.

Code:
cd /tmp

mtd unlock cfe

mtd write -f e2000_eu_generic_cfe.bin cfe

Rest of the instructions stay the same.

So for EU users...

e2000_eu_generic_cfe.bin
 Description:
An E2000 CFE for EU users only!

Download
 Filename:  e2000_eu_generic_cfe.bin
 Filesize:  256 KB
 Downloaded:  2821 Time(s)

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.

Last edited by buddee on Sat Dec 25, 2010 15:36; edited 1 time in total
Bemorph
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Most excellent, speaking of, i almost forgot, thanks to an EU user in Germany, they flashed their real E2000 to dd-wrt and backup'd their CFE for it, i of course generic'd it. I cannot add it to the original instructions because the board only lets you post 3 attachments.

So for EU users...

I did a quick comparison around the mac, sn and pin and there seem to be some differences from the US cfe but as long as I'm not having any problems I don't think I'll switch.

But say I would get problems, do I need to upgrade dd-wrt again or would just changing the cfe suffice?

Oh and put a link on the first page where your guide post is to the post here.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bemorph wrote:

I did a quick comparison around the mac, sn and pin and there seem to be some differences from the US cfe but as long as I'm not having any problems I don't think I'll switch.

But say I would get problems, do I need to upgrade dd-wrt again or would just changing the cfe suffice?

Oh and put a link on the first page where your guide post is to the post here.

Well if its not giving you any problems no need to mess with it, If you did have to write it, just do what you did the first time, cept this time, no need to use a modded firmware .bin because you'll already be on an E2000 CFE (the modded dd-wrt .bin allows it to flash an E2000 dd-wrt build while still running a 320n CFE) so you can use a standard, non modded dd-wrt e2000.bin when you flash.

And yes, i added the link near the top of my original instructs.

Best Regards.

klqn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 16:10    Post subject: Re: JTAG on WRT320n Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
stanky wrote:
buddee wrote:
jtag does work on the wrt320n, far as the rest of your post goes, what exactly is the question here?

Could you describe this proces please? I read tread about this by Tornado and lijianch. Now I know I must have JTAG cable, but didn't find any photo of JTAG pinout in 320n. The socond trouble is that Tornado's software don't recognize correctly chip in 320n as I understand.

The new tjtag for the wrt320n is a WIP as we speak, from what i understand though an older version of tjtag may be able to talk to the wrt320n, the exact link and process i have no idea about.

As of today, JTAG is NOT supported for WRT320N, can only used serial connection. I have used all version of tjtag and none of them work. I had to desolder the chip to flash the bin on.
teecee90
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 18:55    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote
Im stuck at step 7. I cant seem to access my router using winSCP to copy the cfe file. I have followed the instructions to enable SSH in the browser Service menu but just get the following error from winSCP:

Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?

Any avice or help appreciated.

Thanks
T

Current Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/19/09) mini
Build 13493M
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to use SCP not SFTP protocol.

teecee90
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice one buddee....thanks for the prompt reply. I think my confusion was caused by the screen shot in the manual which shows SFTP as the protocol.

Cheers....on to the next step.

Edit:
All done....success! Used the EU cfe posted by buddee above.

Thanks again.
robla1000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Also converted wrt320N to E2000,
But what to do to convert it:

a. back to dd-wrt320N
b. back to original linksys (I mean to original bootloader)

Thanks
Ronald
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
robla1000 wrote:
Hi,

Also converted wrt320N to E2000,
But what to do to convert it:

a. back to dd-wrt320N
b. back to original linksys (I mean to original bootloader)

Thanks
Ronald

If you have your backed up CFE from the wrt320N, simply go to page 2 of this post and get the modded firmware from that page that i posted.

Then do the steps, cept use the backed up 320n CFE instead of the e2000 CFE, and substitute the e2000 modded bin with the 320n modded bin on page 2.

Make sure you know what you are doing, i have already had many msgs about people not doing the reversion correctly and fubar'n their CFE, which if that happens, you'll have a paperweight on your hands.

AxelBSD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
I have previously converted my "EU" WRT320N to E2000 using the "EU" CFE by Alexdizio.

How have I got to proceed to use the EU CFE uploaded by Buddee ?
Have I got to use the same howto that the one on the first page but using the Buddee EU CFE instead ?

Thanks for your reliability.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
AxelBSD wrote:
Hi,
I have previously converted my "EU" WRT320N to E2000 using the "EU" CFE by Alexdizio.

How have I got to proceed to use the EU CFE uploaded by Buddee ?
Have I got to use the same howto that the one on the first page but using the Buddee EU CFE instead ?

Thanks for your reliability.

No, you don't have to use the one i uploaded, if you did the conversion and was successful, you can leave it be as is, it will work just fine the way Alexdizio did it was took the US E2000 CFE and edited it for EU users, The one i uploaded was an authentic EU E2000 CFE, you can use either and get the same result.

Merry Christmas!

AxelBSD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
The conversion was successfull.
I thought the CFE you uploaded was very different than Alexdizio's one.
I will just upgrade my unit with dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e2k-e3k.bin (Eko's build).
Thanks Buddee and Merry Christmas Very Happy

Navigation

Jump to: